Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Collection agency threats

An insurance company representative confirmed to me that this is common with older people. I had a bill and was getting calls that it needed to be paid. I called the doctor’s office and they told me that it was paid in full. And I called the insurance company and they told me that they had paid, but the bill collector who kept calling said to me that if I didn’t pay, it would be turned over to a collection agency, and my credit would be at risk. In fact, they said, “why don’t you just pay it so it doesn’t get turned over to a collection agency.” Watch out for this one! If you know you paid, don’t get scammed.

Regular Contributor

If You receive Social Security in any category, It can NOT be touched by Anyone. It is protected.  So tell them to go fly a kite.  If You need help with Your situation on on credit companies pestering You, call Legal Aid in your area. They will help You, Mostly Pro-Bono.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP