Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

"Math Rock" (And/Or Songs Containing Numbers or Math Terms)

Regular Social Butterfly

"Math Rock" (And/Or Songs Containing Numbers or Math Terms)

This topic is wide open. Could be actual Math Rock, with complex rhythms or weird time signatures, such as the band American Football with their song Never Meant: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NfnXdXpjL0

OR you could also include songs containing numbers and/or Math terms in either the title or the lyrics, such as Love Minus Zero / No Limit by Bob Dylan.

Whatever! Oh, and no worries if you post something that someone else has already posted here. That would just be Math Rock Squared! ๐Ÿค“

Regular Social Butterfly

A Hundred Pounds Of Clay ==> Gene McDaniels

Social Butterfly

" THE WEIGHT" JACKIE DE-SHANNON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHGTSNUypeY JUST READ THAT THE BAND COVERED IT FIRST & BARRY WHITE SINGS IN THE CHORUS.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Regular Social Butterfly

30,000 Pounds Of Bananas -- Harry Chapin

Social Butterfly

"CLOUD NINE" THE TEMPTATIONS. MY SIS & I OWNED THE ORIGINAL VINYL. WE TRIED HARD TO DANCE AS THEY DID, BUT NEVER QUITE GOT IT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp1MRAUw4Uk
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Regular Social Butterfly

96 Tears -- ? and the Mysterians

Honored Social Butterfly

28 Thousand Days                Alicia Keys

Regular Social Butterfly

Five O'Clock World ==> Vogues

Honored Social Butterfly

Pennsylvania 6-5000          Glen Miller

Social Butterfly

THAT'S A CLASSIC! HERE'S A JAZZ CLASSIC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKJMMP__Nl4 SAXOPHONIST EDDIE HARRIS FROM "I'M TIRED OF DRIVING"- FABULOUS STRAIGHT-AHEAD JAZZ.
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

In The Year 2525 ==> Zager and Evans 

Regular Social Butterfly

Love Potion No. 9 ==> Seachers

Social Butterfly

"IT TAKES TWO"- MARVIN GAYE & TAMMY TERRELL.
Regular Social Butterfly

Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 -- Bob Dylan

Some people have come up with various theories about what these numbers signify. Others have interpreted this as a drug song ("Everybody must get stoned...") But in a 2012 Rolling Stone interview, when asked if it bothers him when people misinterpret his songs, he said, "It doesnโ€™t surprise me that some people would see it that way. But these are people that arenโ€™t familiar with the Book of Acts."

So there you have it!

Honored Social Butterfly

@millineutronwrote:

Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 -- Bob Dylan

Some people have come up with various theories about what these numbers signify. Others have interpreted this as a drug song ("Everybody must get stoned...") But in a 2012 Rolling Stone interview, when asked if it bothers him when people misinterpret his songs, he said, "It doesnโ€™t surprise me that some people would see it that way. But these are people that arenโ€™t familiar with the Book of Acts."

So there you have it!

That's an interesting story. Thanks for sharing it. I think that a lot of Bob Dylan's work is often misinterpreted. He certainly inspires thought!

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Social Butterfly

WONDER ABOUT THE HISTORIC SIGNIFICANCE( IF ANY)OF THE BEATLES "REVOLUTION #9".??
Honored Social Butterfly

@l483260lwrote:
WONDER ABOUT THE HISTORIC SIGNIFICANCE( IF ANY)OF THE BEATLES "REVOLUTION #9".??

None. Lennon referred to it as a collection of sounds, and at times, a sound revolution. It was an experimental offering and often rated the groups worst song. More details here. . .

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=174

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

THANK YOU- FASCINATING FAB FOUR HISTORY!
Social Butterfly

WHAT ABOUT THE BEATLES' "EIGHT DAYS A WEEK"? I F GEOMETRY IS INCLUDED, THEN "RED RUBBER BALL" BY CYRKLE.
Regular Social Butterfly

Thousand Stars In The Sky ==> Kathy Young And Innocents

Social Butterfly

"LAND OF A THOUSAND DANCES"- WILSON PICKETT.
Honored Social Butterfly

409                 The Beach Boys

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Eighteen Yellow Roses ==> Bobby Darin

Honored Social Butterfly

Route 66              Nat King Cole

Honored Social Butterfly

Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses - Kathy Mattea

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

You're My Number One - Enrique Iglesias 

Honored Social Butterfly

747               Lady Antebellum

Regular Social Butterfly

Two Princes -- Spin Doctors

Honored Social Butterfly

4 In The Morning              Gwen Stefani

Regular Social Butterfly

Ninety Six Tears ==> Question Mark And Mysterians

Regular Social Butterfly

Sixteen Candles ==> Crests

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP