Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 129

I haven't read through all these yet, so these might have already been mentioned, but "Angel of the Morning" has always been an annoying song that somehow manages to be sappy and pathetic at the same time. Not judging anybody, just don't even like anything about the way it sounds, to be honest.

Also, a few years ago my husband requested that I make him a doo wop mix CD, with songs I picked out with his approval before adding to the list. (He doesn't do Spotify.) He loves that CD and plays it over and over, which I'm glad, but every time it gets to "Silouettes" by the Rays, I start thinking crazy thoughts like, "What? Is this dude stalking his girlfriend, walking by her house late at night? And then he thinks he sees her with somebody else, so he's about to go bust her front door down? And then when it turns out he was just on the wrong block, he goes directly to her actual house and then TELLS HER that he almost went violent on the wrong house ... is this like a thinly veiled threat?"  Let's please retire that one, whoever is in charge of universal playlists!! (Or else just use it in the sound track to a horror flick!)

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 129

Songs that have been rewritten to be used in a commercial, e.g. Pilot's "Magic"--> "Ozempic"

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 129

I wouldn't retire any music. Every song, every type has different meaning to different people.

Who are we to judge!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 129

My Humps (Black Eyed Peas) and any other songs featuring "lady lumps," "junk in the trunk" or "coco puff"

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 129

Let me see. Oh yeah, Last Kiss. Pearl Jam version makes me want to throw up in my mouth. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 129

Me and Mrs Jones (Billy Paul) and Run to You (Bryan Adams)--just a personal reaction, but songs that celebrate infidelity creep me out

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 129

Alone Again Naturally by Gilbert O'Sullivan

It's message is SO negative!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 129

Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold...seriously???!

A first-born son feels displaced by a baby sister and causes him to spiral out of control!

Pllllleeeassse!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 129

"You're Having My Baby"

(worst reason for having kids:  "what a lovely way of saying what you're thinking of me")

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors