Regular Social Butterfly

Patsy Cline

Is "bomp, bomp, bomp" doo-wop and does it qualify Patsy Cline's You Belong to Me as Rock and Roll?:

Would you describe Patsy Cline's Sweet Dreams as "operatic?:"

Incidentally, she has the clearest female voice that I have ever heard and I find great beauty in that clarity, despite the southern accent and me being a northerner.

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I would not classify Patsys style as rock or opera. Wikipedia has her classified as a country singer who crossed over to pop. No matter what kind of singer she is thought of, she has the most amazing, crystal clear voice I’ve ever heard. Such a loss to the music world that she died so young. “I fall to pieces” is my favorite song of hers. It speaks for itself! 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png