Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Favorite Music Videos or What are You Watching?

Honored Social Butterfly

Favorite Music Videos or What are You Watching?

Sure we all (well those of us in this group at least for sure) like to listen to our favorite music, but have you stopped to appreciate the music videos that go with much of this music.. well since they came into prominence in the 80's  thanks to MTV  when we could all watch our favorite musicians and the great productions began.

There are so many fabuous music videos out there that you should really take a look at.  Which ones are your favorites?

MTV Logo 2010.svg

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This is a video that I would not have looked for on my own, but when I saw it, I was totally blown away! I learned about it watching a reaction channel on YT. The music isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but the video is extraordinary. This is by far, the best music video I’ve ever seen, bar none. It was released in October 2021, and already has almost 7 million views!

The song is called Christmas Truce, and the band is Sabaton. They are a Swedish rock-metal band, and all of their songs and videos are based on historical military events and military heroes. Their videos are like mini movies, the lyrics tell the story, and the music is the soundtrack. This one is about the Christmas truce of 1914 that occurred on the Western front, when both sides started to sing Christmas carols to each other. I was in tears by he end. Hope you will like it. 

https://youtu.be/HPdHkHslFIU

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

My new favorite video just dropped today! So exciting to hear new music from one of my favorite bands of all time.

The lyrics and video tell their story. It must have been difficult growing up in post-war Germany, but they held fast to their dream, and through their music, became Germany's ambassadors to the world. Like many of their songs, this one delivers a message of hope and love and peace. Klaus Meine is now 73, but his voice is still as strong and powerful as the lyrics that he writes. Here is a sample:

In the ruins of their souls
You saw the beauty of it all
Simply a generation change

How our fathers came to steal
But we came back to make you feel
Our love in every song we play

And English is his SECOND language! So are you a Rock Believer?

Rock Believer  -  Scorpions, 2022  🦂💛

https://youtu.be/TllvFtkXMBE

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Bob Seger and Jason Aldean Turn The Page. Seniors can still rock!

Super Contributor

Method of Modern Love by Hall and Oates

Social Butterfly

Watching a great Carl Perkins/Paul McCartney video. The story behind it is fascinating. 

The night before he left, a song came to Carl that summed up his warm feelings about the visit, and he couldn’t get it out of his mind. It was so strong that Carl didn’t even write it down, which he said was strange for him. He usually always wrote his songs down immediately.

In the morning, Carl Perkins sang the song, which he named My Old Friend, for Linda and Paul, saying it was his gift for having him as a guest. Half way through the song, after singing “if we never meet again this side of life, in a little while, over yonder, where there’s peace and quiet, my old friend, won’t you think about me every now and then?” tears streamed down Paul’s face and he stood up and stepped outside.

Not knowing what the matter was, Carl stopped, a bit shaken. Didn’t Paul like the song? Linda warmly put her arms around Carl, and thanked him. She said the song was getting Paul to finally connect with his grief over John Lennon’s death.

Linda explained that the last time Paul talked to John, he had said the same line to Paul: “think about me every now and then, my old friend.”

Carl and Linda were now convinced that the song had been channeled from John Lennon’s spirit, as a gift to Paul.

Honored Social Butterfly

I Want It All - Queen 

ft Tony Iommi on guitar and Roger Daltrey on whirling mic, 1992, Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert for AIDS Awareness 

https://youtu.be/4CSSnrY3Ezs

Honored Social Butterfly

Just finished watching “Get back” for the

second time. Wow it was even better the

second time around. I have learned a lot

about my fav group that I never knew! This documentary reinforced my belief that Yoko

definitely affected John and that affected

the Beatles. And also that not in any way

can she sing and she never should try

EVER again!

Honored Social Butterfly

It’s nice to see this thread again. There are so many that I watched during the pandemic, but I’ll start with this one, as it is in the spirit of the season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Snowman (Walking In The Air)  -  Rainbow 

https://youtu.be/aqFYkuv9Qzs 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Awesome Video.  Sounds like Mr. Blackmore is expressing some repressed Pink Floyd envy.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Surprised there's no mention of OK Go in this list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAAsCNK7RA

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Paradise By The Dashboard Lights-Meatloaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11MzbEcHlw

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just watched "All you need is love", which was a global tv video, released on June 25, 1967. Which is why every June 25th is World Beatles Day. (I celebrate it every year, wearing my Fab 4️⃣ t shirt and only playing their music all day) This is my favorite song of theirs, as everyone knows, and it always helps me make it through the day. And fyi, at the end when Paul rips into "She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah" I am reminded of why I still love him lol 💜

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Great timely topic now that we are trying so hard to find new ways to entertain ourselves at home.  Looking forward to seeing some new vids to try out.   My faves are lconcert vidsove when several generations do them.    One of my faves:. Dead Flowers, performed by Keith Richardd, Willie Nelson, Ryan Adams, and Hank Williams III.   Best version I have ever heard.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

After a few years apart, DP's Mark II line-up came back together and really delivered the goods with the album, Perfect Strangers. It was their second most commercially successful album behind Machine Head in 1972. The band seemed happy to be working together once again, and the tour that followed was a huge success. Here is the video from the title track, in happier times, the way I remember them.

Perfect Strangers - Deep Purple

Honored Social Butterfly

https://youtu.be/09R8_2nJtjg

Sugar.  Maroon 5

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Come Together - The Beatles

Honored Social Butterfly

Yellow Submarine - The Beatles

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Which reminds me of this one . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

I was going back through the postings of the past and came across this one. Thought it would be nice to bring it back to life and see more of our favorite music videos.

My first thoughts go to Pink Floyd who have a number of creative videos out there, and in my book are the ultimate art-rock band of all time. So here is -

Another Brick in the Wall -  Pink Floyd

Contributor

Currently my favorite music video is "Can't stop the feeling" by Justin Timberlake. It's very fun. "Swish Swish" by Katy Perry is a fun one too!   Lately I've been watching The Bee Gees and Andy Gibb. I love love love their music and they ain't too bad to look at either.

Honored Social Butterfly

@p514268b wrote:

Currently my favorite music video is "Can't stop the feeling" by Justin Timberlake. It's very fun. "Swish Swish" by Katy Perry is a fun one too!   Lately I've been watching The Bee Gees and Andy Gibb. I love love love their music and they ain't too bad to look at either.

Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Wild Thing   Sam Kinison    this is a legend  LOL

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP