Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Burt Bacharach

Burt Bacharach shared 94 years of his musical venture with us.

---->  Burt Bacharach, Legendary Pop Composer, Dies at 94 (aarp.org)

--->  Burt Bacharach - Wikipedia

60 Minutes Archive/ Overtime - Recorded Feb. 14, 1999 - Now on YouTube 12:45 minutes

--->  Burt Bacharach | 60 Minutes Archive - YouTube

A small sample of the songs written/ composed or produced by Burt Bacharach often in conjunction with Hal David.

Walk On ByDionne Warwick  --->  Dionne Warwick - Walk On By - YouTube

I Say a Little Prayer for You -  Dionne Warwick ---->  Dionne Warwick "I Say A Little Prayer" on The Ed Sullivan Show - YouTube

Do You Know The Way To San Jose -  Dionne Warwick  ---->   Dionne Warwick Do You Know the Way to San Jose 1968 International Smash - YouTube

I'll Never Fall In Love Again -  Dionne Warwick  ---->  Dionne Warwick - i'll never fall in love again lyrics - YouTube

( They Long To Be ) Close To You -  Carpenters ---> They Long To Be (Close To You) - Carpenters HD_HQ 1970 - YouTube

What the World Needs Now Is Love -  Jackie DeShannon ---->  What The World Needs Now Is Love Jackie DeShannon STEREO ReMix HiQ Hybrid JARichardsFilm 720p - YouT...

The Look of Love -  Dusty Springfield  ---->  Dusty Springfield - The Look of Love - YouTube

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head -  B.J. Thomas  ----->  B. J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head (Stereo / Lyrics) - YouTube

One Less Bell To Answer -  The 5th Dimension  ---> 5th Dimension On Less Bell To Answer (HQ Stereo) 1970 - YouTube

Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do ) -  Christopher Cross ---->  Christopher Cross Arthur's Theme with Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager Live - YouTube

😎

Regular Contributor

Anyone remember ABC's Movie of the week in the '70's? They were 90 minutes long. Burt Bacharach did the theme song.

ABC Movie of the Week - Wikipedia

My favorite was Close to You. RIP.

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes, I do remember the theme song " Nikki " often played during the late night intermissions on ABC networks; it was a pleasant  instrumental  song which I didn't know of it's orgin/ back story until recently.

------>  Burt Bacharach - Nikki (A&M Records 1966) - YouTube

😎  ( ...and I didn't know he was married to Angie Dickinson  )

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

One of my favorite composers ..He left his mark for all of us to enjoy..RIP Burt!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP