CLOSE ×

Search

Birthdays, Deaths and other announcements

Honored Social Butterfly

Birthdays, Deaths and other announcements

Bob Dylan was 79 on 5/24

Stevie Nicks is 72 today 5/26

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy 80th birthday to John Sebastian (Lovin Spoonful)

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Eric Carmen (lead singer of the Raspberries) died this past weekend. He was 74.

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy Birthday to Jon Bon Jovi, who is 62 today!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Henry Fambrough, the last surviving original

member of the iconic group The Spinners

has passed at age 85 of natural causes. RIP 😥

Honored Social Butterfly

Singer Toby Keith has died from stomach cancer. He was 62.

Honored Social Butterfly

The singer Melanie has died. She was 76.

Honored Social Butterfly

Bon Jovi fans:  A new four part docuseries, Thank You, Goodnight: The Bon Jovi Story, is coming to Hulu on April 26th. The band is celebrating their 40th Anniversary this year. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/bon-jovi-documentary-hulu-1235803400/

Looks like I’ll have to get a month of Hulu in April! 😎

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Mary Weiss, the lead singer of the Shangri-Las has died. She was 75.

Honored Social Butterfly

Congrats to Sir Elton John on achieving the prized EGOT status after his Emmy win on Monday evening. Sir Elton was awarded the Emmy for Outstanding Variety Special (live), Elton John Live: Farewell From Dodger Stadium. The Emmy win completed the EGOT honor, along with his five Grammies, two Oscars (both for Best Original Song), and one Tony (Best Original Score). 

Honored Social Butterfly

He is so amazing, one of the most talented

musical artists out there. Have seen that

farewell show twice and I think I could watch

it one a week for forever!

Honored Social Butterfly

Scorpions just announced the passing of their former drummer and bandmate, James Kottak, at age 61. His cause of death was not announced. He was the longest serving drummer in the band from 1996 - 2016. RIP James.

Honored Social Butterfly

End of Year. Remembrance. 😐 

Sgt. Pepper's Cover Tribute To Those We've Lost in 2023 - by Chris Barker

+

'Remembering The Stars/Legends We've Lost in 2023' (various articles)

☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ ☮️ 

Honored Social Butterfly

I love it! Very crowded in there,which is so sad. I usually

post a list of all the rockers lost this year but may not

have time to get to it this year

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy #80th BD to Keith Richards! He is proof 

that everyday is a gift…..🎼💜

Honored Social Butterfly

Little Richard: I Am Everything

Biography / Documentary on the life of Little Richard, now streaming on MAX.  

I really enjoyed the film. There was a lot about his early life that I hadn’t read or heard about. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Denny Laine, Original member of the Moody Blues

and Co-Founder of Wings with Sir Paul, died today

at age 79. He sang lead vocals on the Moodys 

break thru hit “Go Now” RIP in Rocker Heaven 

🎼😢

Honored Social Butterfly

Jean Knight who reached #1 on the charts in 1971 with Mr Big Stuff, died from natural causes on November 22. She was 80.

Honored Social Butterfly

🌌🎈 Happy '58th' Birthday, Björk! ┌|o^▽^o|┘♪ 🎈🌌 ♡

Bjork.jpg

Silver Conversationalist

George "Funky” Brown, Kool & The Gang co-founder, and longtime drummer died at age 74 after a battle with cancer. He had retired earlier this year, nearly 60 years after the band began, and revealed that he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.

Kool & The Gang sold millions of records with its catchy blend of jazz, funk and soul, in what Brown liked to call “the sound of happiness.” In 1964, Brown helped launch the Grammy-winning group, originally called the Jazziacs, along with such friends as bassist Robert "Kool" Bell, brother Ronald Bell on keyboards and guitarist Charles Smith. After years of relative obscurity, and personnel and name changes, Kool & The Gang broke through in the mid-1970s with "Jungle Boogie" and "Hollywood Swinging" among other songs and peaked in the late '70s-mid 1980s, with hits ranging from "Too Hot," "Ladies Night," and the ballads "Cherish" and "Joanna".... to the up-tempo, chart-topping party favorite "Celebration," now a standard at weddings and other festive gatherings.

Earlier this year Brown produced the band's latest album, "People Just Wanna Have Fun," and released his memoir "Too Hot: Kool & The Gang & Me."

In lieu of flowers, his family has asked that donations can be made in his honor to the Lung Cancer Society of America.

Honored Social Butterfly

So sad. Terrible way to go. Have ALWAYS

loved Kool&the Gang, actually I’m listening

to them right now. May he RIP 🎼😢

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy 60th Birthday to Scorpions drummer, Mikkey Dee

🦂🥁🤘

Honored Social Butterfly

Now and Then is the last Beatles song. Written and sung by John, developed and worked on by Sir Paul, George and Sir Ringo, is now finally finished by Paul and Ringo more than four decades later. It will be released worldwide on November 2nd.

🎼💜

Regular Social Butterfly

Do NOT imagine this is John's song; it is dip Paul's attempt to revive a career he never had...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Happy Birthday to Scorpions Matthias Jabs, 68 years young today!

🎸 🎶 🤘

Honored Social Butterfly

Rudolph Isley, founding member of the Isley Brothers, died on Wednesday October 11th. He was 84.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Happy 80th birthday to Roger Waters.

Honored Social Butterfly

Gary Wright of “Dreamweaver” fame is dead 

at 80. Another one in rocker heaven. RIP 🎼🙏😢

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Isn’t it sad, and strange, how it seems to happen in waves. 😢

Honored Social Butterfly

So true. It has been a bad week for rockers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP