Honored Social Butterfly

Birthdays, Deaths and other announcements

Bob Dylan was 79 on 5/24

Stevie Nicks is 72 today 5/26

Honored Social Butterfly

Finally some GOOD NEWS to report: Dolly Parton to make Rock Album, with a little help from her friends. The album will be appropriately titled, Rock Star. 

https://people.com/country/dolly-parton-teases-collabs-for-upcoming-rock-album-cher-miley-cyrus-paul...

I’m looking forward to this one!  😸 🤘Rock on, Miss Dolly!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

So great to hear positive news today!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Jerry Blavat aka “The Geater with the heater”

died this morning at 82. He was in hospice care.

I met him years ago when my friends and I would go out dancing to his spots. He always remembered us, was fun and friendly and always joined us for a dance. I’m heartbroken. RIP Geater 🎼💜😢

Social Butterfly

David Crosby-81 1/19/23

Honored Social Butterfly

I’m so sad 🎼😢

Honored Social Butterfly

Yet again, we lose another rocker this month. So sad to hear. 😢  

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Social Butterfly

Robbie Bachman, drummer for BTO. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Rocker heaven is getting crowded 🎼😢

Bronze Conversationalist

It sure is but what a jam band they must have.

Honored Social Butterfly

Lisa Marie Presley died yesterday at 54. She had a few albums out and recorded some duets with her Father. Very sad news all the way around 😢

Honored Social Butterfly

I have read she has been devastated since her son committed suicide. I would be surprised if they don’t find a cause for the cardiac arrest that isn’t cardiac related

Honored Social Butterfly

So sad to lose someone so young. It’s so shocking that she and her mom, Priscilla were just at the Golden Globes on Tuesday evening. Austin Butler had won the best actor award, and he thanked the Presley family. Lisa Marie appeared very emotional. It must have been a lot to take in, and who knows what memories of her dad came flooding her way. So sad for the Presley family. 

Social Butterfly

I’m sure losing her son had something to do with it. 

Trusted Contributor

3 comments (1/13/23) Not a fan @BeatleloverKT  but wanted say that is too YOUNG!!! 😱

@BeatleloverKT wrote:

Lisa Marie Presley died yesterday at 54. She had a few albums out and recorded some duets with her Father. Very sad news all the way around 😢

Bronze Conversationalist

Cardiac issues seem to run in that family. Her grandmother,her,and the "official" C O D for her father. sad.

Trusted Contributor

(1 comment) Interesting @LeeS6949 , I thought Elvis died of a drug overdose. Really enjoyed his music and movies. Such a loss! 😪

@LeeS6949 wrote:

Cardiac issues seem to run in that family. Her grandmother,her,and the "official" C O D for her father. sad.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Oh I believe he did too but the white washed version was something heart related. Lying to protect an image is still a lie.

Social Butterfly

Sad news…Jeff Back at 78.Quoting from Ziggy Stardust “But boy could he play guitar “. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Another rocker legend gone 🎼😢

Honored Social Butterfly

Anita Pointer died on 12/31 at the age of 74.

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy New Year Rockers!! 🎼💜🪨

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy New Year! Rock On!!  💫 🤘

https://youtu.be/wPnhaGWBnys

Social Butterfly

happy-new-year-music-lovers.jpg

Happy New Year to All Music Lovers

( I found the image and added those words. )

Happy New Year even if you don't love music. 😊

Honored Social Butterfly

Love it!!

Social Butterfly

Thanks @BeatleloverKT 

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy 75th BD to the amazing Jeff Lynne!

May he rock on forever 🎼💜🎉🎂

Social Butterfly

E R R Y  C H R I S T M A A L L !

Honored Social Butterfly

Merry Christmas! 🎄🤟✌️🤘

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP