Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Conversationalist

Applause - Hand Clapping Songs

In continuing with my blog posts featuring various instruments in rock and pop music I thought Iโ€™d turn inward, focusing on instruments intrinsic to each of us, self-contained, if you will, with hands highlighted, in this blog with hand-clapping ๐Ÿ‘, in the next blog with finger-snapping ๐Ÿซฐ, and rounding out with the lips ๐Ÿ‘„ and whistling in a subsequent blog post.

Some songs have stomping and clapping, such as Queenโ€™s โ€œWe Will Rock You,โ€ or Bay City Rollerโ€™s โ€œSaturday Night.โ€ Others have clapping to keep the beat, as in John Cougarโ€™s (at the time) โ€œJack & Diane,โ€ Pharrell Williams โ€œHappy,โ€ Billy Joelโ€™s โ€œOnly The Good Die Young,โ€ Bostonโ€™s โ€œMore Than A Feeling,โ€ Elton Johnโ€™s โ€œBennie And The Jets,โ€ and John Lennonโ€™s โ€œGive Peace A Chance.โ€ Yet others have perfectly timed clapping for effect, Steve Miller Bandโ€™s Take The Money And Run,โ€ the Boomtown Ratsโ€™ โ€œI Donโ€™t Like Mondays,โ€ The Rembrandts โ€œIโ€™ll Be There For You (Theme from Friends),โ€ The Romantics โ€œWhat I Like About You,โ€ or David Bowieโ€™s โ€œSpace Oddity.โ€

And then thereโ€™s the phenomenon of the double clap, often two claps followed by a single clap, or some similar pattern, started by Doo-wop, Motown, and girl groups of the โ€˜50s, with hits such as Elvis Pressleyโ€™s โ€œHound Dog,โ€ or Bobby Dayโ€™s โ€œRockinโ€™ Robin,โ€ The Contours โ€œDo You Love Me,โ€ The Isley Brothersโ€™ โ€œShout,โ€ Little Evaโ€™s โ€œThe Locomotion,โ€ The Marvelettesโ€™ โ€œPlease Mr. Postman,โ€ and The Angels โ€œMy Boyfriendโ€™s Back.โ€ Or in slightly later rock and pop memory think The Carsโ€™ โ€œMy Best Friendโ€™s Girl,โ€ The Beatles โ€œI Want To Hold Your Hand,โ€ Stealers Wheelsโ€™ โ€œStuck In The Middle With You,โ€ Elton Johnโ€™s โ€œCrocodile Rock,โ€ John Mellencampโ€™s โ€œHurts So Good,โ€ and even The Theโ€™s โ€œThis is The Day.โ€

There are so many good clapping songs, the list clocks in at over 9 hours. Thatโ€™s a lot of clapping hands. See if yours made the list.

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a โ€œrevival: a new presentation of something old,โ€ a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew.  Rediscover the passion of music in your life. Live in the moment. Enjoy the moment. Love the moment. Listen to the MUSIC!

https://listentothemusicblog.com/applause-hand-clapping-songs/

Honored Social Butterfly

This is a good one... Beck - Where It's At

Just clap your hands, just clap your hands. ๐Ÿ™‚

โญ‘ เน‹เฃญ โญ‘... โŒžWhat the GLITCH!โŒ ... โญ‘ เน‹เฃญ โญ‘(ใฃ อก อกยฐ - อก อกยฐ ฯ‚)
Honored Social Butterfly

Great topic. So many of my favs listed ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ’œ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP