Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Rving

Seriously researching buying a used class b motor home for just me and my dog.Just out of a long term abusive marriage and want to travel before I get too old.Any insight,advice, information would be greatly appreciated.Thanks and happy new year 

It is a great way to see the USA. We are doing this now in our 2004 Rexhall Class A 40'. We volunteer at State Parks for free camping. It's a great way to keep busy and meet lots of interesting people.

Gold Conversationalist

@tiny450 

Sounds like a great plan!  I love the Class B's and would love to get one for my wife and I (and our two cats). They're a great size, not too big, nor too small. 

Unfortunately, the "pandemic" has given everyone else the same idea of buying a used Class B, so prices are high.

I would rent one for a short trip, see how that goes before spending a lot of money.

I know there are tons of websites out there with specific information and forums all about RV'ing. I'm sure you can find all that good info. Sounds like a great idea for you and I wish you good luck!

Regular Contributor

Check out You Tube for videos about the downsides of RV life and rent before you buy. Being alone could be more difficult.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Also, Nomadland is an eye opening movie about the life on the road.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good movie

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP