Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Is your Social Security and being WEP'd or GPO'd like mine?

Regular Contributor

Is your Social Security and being WEP'd or GPO'd like mine?

The solution is here!  H.R. 141 is the Social Security Fairness Act of 2019.  It will eliminate the WEP, (Windfall Elimination Provision - PIA), and GPO, (Government Pension Offset, (Spousal benefit).  It has the floor votes to pass but there is a push to force it over the finish line for passage.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.  Go to www.ssfairness.org and help.  You can also go to the House of Representatives' site to see if your congressional member has added their name as a cosponsor.  If not, CALL THEM and respectfully ask them to do so!  The site to check if your representative has cosponsored it is www.congress.gov.  Then type in the bill number "H.R. 141" and it will pull up all actions.  I'm confident that aarp will support its passage and a feather in its cap and more members!  Nearly 3 million Americans are affected and perhaps another 2-3 million collaterally as family members.  This is our chance to end this injustice once and for all.  Please act and ask your friend or relative to help too.  Thank you. H.R. 141 is HERE!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP