Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Endgame

I don't see anything on the subject posted here, but to my understanding when you have no one to take care of your final wishes, you apparently hire an attorney for this (Your executor).  

To what kind of take on the estate is one looking for them to take, about a third?   I believe if it goes this route the attorney is entitled to a higher rate of your estate than the standard executor fee. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Tempest332 , back in 2020 when I "retired" - this was a VERY BUSY site. But hundreds "left" when AARP decided to DELETE their Political Forum in 2021 and BAN all "talk" on it. So you may NEVER get an answer = it is like a desert now.

Thanks for responding...  😎

View solution in original post

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Tempest332 is this for you or just a Discussion Topic?  🤔

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Almost forgot I posted this. Well Nicole, yes it could be a discussion, but apparently there is no one in this situation here (which I find hard to believe), or at least no one to offer suggestions or comments if they are or went through this.    I just didn't feel I want to be taken by an attorney also at this point.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Tempest332 , back in 2020 when I "retired" - this was a VERY BUSY site. But hundreds "left" when AARP decided to DELETE their Political Forum in 2021 and BAN all "talk" on it. So you may NEVER get an answer = it is like a desert now.

Thanks for responding...  😎

Bronze Conversationalist

Interesting, I missed that, lot of fights I bet. 🤔

Well not everyone gets the opportunity of dying "surrounded by loved ones", let alone have someone to actually clean up the mess left behind.  In some cases the mess can be of benefit & a good thing too. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Yes @Tempest332 and I tell my "only" child (daughter) to TRY to die AFTER me as she is the ONLY "human" who CARES  💙💙💙

Hmmm, is there a local LOA (office of aging) near you? Maybe they may have some "options"...  😎

Bronze Conversationalist

County Council on Aging. Only issue as they run on donations, so there is some 'bias' there, not that I'm opposed to gifting them (after I'm gone), I dealt with them with my parents. They were a help, though they have their ways of doing things & much waste goes on (as with every program the government seems to get involved with).  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP