Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Sweeps (Points Graveyard)

Hello Rewards Warriors

How many members who are posting on the Community site are winning Sweeps?

Fewer opportunities to win based on number of prizes awarded, entries and number of members enterings.

You can submit 20 daily Sweeps entries to the (Points Graveyard) after Catalog maintenance tonight😆  This is a great way to get rid of our points before the beginning of the year😢  I'm personally not a risk taker, but good luck to those who use points on Sweeps.

Screenshot_2020-08-18-13-24-14.png

Please post the Sweeps you won and Congratulations😊

No increase to card values or monthly limit of redemptions😢  Are you happy with this??

Have a Blessed Day

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

There are a lot of new head stones in the Sweeps (points graveyard)😢.

You now have numerous options for sending your points to their final resting place😣.

"Points Only" filter is loaded with Sweepstakes and no gift cards😳.

Rewards program is absolutely horrible!!!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ej64073754  & @HokiePoq 

I've never seen a community member post stating they won a Sweeps in the R4G or Rewards programs.

Instant Wins seem to be impossible to win😯.  It's sad that Rewards has nothing without limits to use points on.  I got my limit on the 1st or 2nd day of November, why visit now?

Hope you both get your limits, win a Sweeps or an Instant Win😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Super Contributor

Sweepstakes I've entered? Nope, never won, not once. And the instant wins are a dry well for me too.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

It has been a few months, maybe more without the Winners list being posted.  That info must be private😮.  Oh well, always a disappointment it seems as time goes on.

Wishing for better days, and increase of more than (3) monthly redemptions😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   At this point I would be THRILLED to get my three redemptions.  I didn't get that last month and have only one this month.  Everything is sold out by the time I see it.  I must have checked ten times this morning while the site was out of whack (probably from too much traffic at 9 a.m. EST from people like me desperate to get SOMETHING out of our time).  

I checked several times per hour until I had to leave the house for two hours.   When I came back the nice Kroger card was sold out.   I can't seem to get the minimum, much less more.  I think there must be millions of us trying for a handful of rewards.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors

Well, I'm sure hoping that a member of the Community will post and let us know they have won a Sweepstakes.

You can now bury 20 entries in the (Points Graveyard).

Wishing everyone luck, no matter the change it will be needed.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Hokie 

Congrats on PF CHANG card wow Been a while since gone.... their Lettuce Wraps are divine... one of my family's  fav celebration places to eat. 

Enjoy it 

Ginger : )

Social Butterfly

Hi there 

I've not won any Sweeps in new program... but also don't enter many....Won 3 or 4 ($5-$20 value) in old program like Hokie stated got automatic tickets for checking in everyday plus I used lots points for entries also won $15 card wouldn't use sent to another member so wasn't wasted.  😉

I've won 3 times maybe 4 Daily instant wins.... just won $5 Red Robin most times in past haven't entered only for Amazon ones but now since no longer a limit on wins and need use points if know someone can use I'll try hence the Red Robin for my son. 

As was posted on another thread..... increasing Sweepstakes to 20 chances from 5 same they did at end of old program... doesn't really help win more just using points but like said rarely enter Sweeps hopefully they'll follow-up on what they've said "increasing # & $ value" we may find something worth taking chance.... time will tell

Stay safe!  

Ginger  ;  )

Gold Conversationalist

Not a lucky winner at my house @mi4090   I won a @$10 IHOP card many years ago from the old program when I first joined it.   You got automatic entries in those days.   

I did get lucky yesterday and got the $35 P.F. Chang card.   Happy camper for that!    We are not customers but one card will pay for most of a takeout.    This is the highest value card I've gotten in the new program.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

Congratulations on your $35 P F Chang card😃  I won a $50 & $100 cards in the beginning on Weekly deals.

@MemberS2006 Congrats to you😊

No Sweeps Winners responding, like I said "Points Graveyard"😤

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Conversationalist

@HokiePoq 

I hope they will add more cards that are at least $25.I would rather have one or two cards with a higher value than more with only $5 or $10 value.I will redeem for the low value cards on the last few days of the month if I haven't found something to use points on before the next month starts.

Everything is expensive now so the higher value helps so much more.But even a $5 Dunkin card allows me to get free coffee to enjoy if I haven't been able to redeem for something else.Happy you could get the P.F.Chang card.Seldom are food cards offered that can be used in my area.So most of my redemptions are movie based.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@MemberS2006 wrote:

@HokiePoq 

I hope they will add more cards that are at least $25.I would rather have one or two cards with a higher value than more with only $5 or $10 value.I will redeem for the low value cards on the last few days of the month if I haven't found something to use points on before the next month starts.

Everything is expensive now so the higher value helps so much more.But even a $5 Dunkin card allows me to get free coffee to enjoy if I haven't been able to redeem for something else.Happy you could get the P.F.Chang card.Seldom are food cards offered that can be used in my area.So most of my redemptions are movie based.

It is pretty clear AARP is pushing you towards using your points on sweeps and instant win vs saving them up on redemptions.

IMO this is a loss for us members. What are the odds of winning one sweep? I would honestly rather keep saving my points and spend them on 3 $25 gift cards to Pottery Barn, W&S a month.

I just cannot trust the odds of winning these sweepstakes. They are not good IMO.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I guess there aren't any Sweeps winners, just another way to lose your points😢

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   Still no winners???

Now the instant wins are more like sweepstakes with so many more entries in an attempt to win a small prize.

And when I have entered the sweepstakes, I come back to enter again and it says I have no entries.   Do I really have no entries or does that just mean I have entered yet for that day?

Not much incentive to earn points anymore....I need to go back to my crossword puzzles and sudoku from the newspaper while watching TV instead of doing quizzes.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

Don't think there are any actual member winners😢

The real winner is AARP REWARDS and Merkle.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090     Am I right that we aren't seeing winners' lists anymore?   If we were we might not have the impression of no winners.   I think that would likely be illegal and that someone is winning something.  A relative few of the participants come on this board but I would feel better about entering if any one of us had a win to report.   

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP