Conversationalist

Strange sweeps entry count

@AARPTeri@AARPCaroline 

I entered 5 entries each into the Luck of the Irish, and Step Out In Style sweeps. It appears I only got 1 entry counted, and it does not let me enter up to 5.

Is this a known issue? I hadn't noticed this behavior before, but it's hard to check without a functioning transaction history. Could one of you AARP masters please check for me? Thanks.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The ability to enter five sweepstakes entries is still broken.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j119054s  @ralmon  @andrewtoo   Happy to report that a fix was done for this today!

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPTeri  @j119054s  @andrewtoo 

Tried it out, fix works. Thanks!

Gold Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

I'm just realizing that if I try to enter 5 entries then I get one entry and it's done.

We have to enter one entry at a time from the start, huh?

Anyway, I am only interested in the one sweep right now.  The others just don't appeal to me because I am unsure of their true value (vs. their taxable value), or, I don't see them as much of a prize to begin with.

Thanks

001 5 entries to pot of gold.JPG

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@andrewtoo

Yes, I think @AARPTeri  meant 5 times a single entry.

Makes it tricky to test if it's fixed, b/c if you enter more than one and it fails, you forfeit more entries for that day. Interesting bug, that one.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@ralmon 

Same here, I guess I try to enter 4 more times.

Thanks for the heads up!

Andrew

001 Whoopsy! only one entry.JPG

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPTeri   @AARPCaroline 

It happened again!

I entered and had 5 entries confirmed.

aarp-5-entries-irish.JPG

But in the Redemptions list, it only shows 1 entry each the last 2 days.

aarp-1-entry.JPG

There is something wrong with the sweeps entry accounting.

I am told incorrectly that I entered 5 when it only enters 1. We really need a total entries display somewhere. At least, only 1 entry worth of points is subtracted. Now I'm not confident whether I've ever been entered in the sweeps at all.

Lol - I demand a recount! Smiley LOL

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ralmon  A recount it is!  🙂 loved this comment!

We are sorry about this experience and wanted to let you know we are looking into this now, thanks for letting us know!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ralmon   Thanks for reporting this - it is a bug that we are currently tackling.

Right now users can get all 5 sweeps entries by entering 1 entry 5 times unfortunately.  But we do expect a quick fix to this.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

Thanks, I'll have to try that tomorrow. The sweeps won't let me enter anything more today, as if I already had 5 entries.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health