Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

Rewards Points Only Redemption

1. Hello. On Thursday, June 8, 2023 at approximately 11:30 am I attempted to redeem points for a Bahama Breeze gift card $10 value. This would have been my first redemption for this particular card that was put up yesterday. An error message came up saying the card was only allowed to be redeemed one time, so it wouldn't let me redeem. However, I had not redeemed points for this card yesterday at all prior to my attempted redemption at 11:30 am, but apparently somehow your system thought I had already redeemed it. You can see from my transaction history that I had not previously redeemed it yesterday at all, so I am confused as to why it wouldn't let me redeem it when I first tried. If someone could get back to me about this, I would very much greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Kudos
Views
Replies
Super Contributor

Well, this is still happening. A Dunkin GC came up about 15 minutes ago. When I tried to redeem it, it said it was only allowed to be redeemed one time. Of course, by the time I contacted customer service, the GC was already sold out. I did get the "working to get more inventory" message when I tried to redeem it while talking to customer service, so it wasn't sold out when I first tried to redeem it. All I got from customer service was "Sorry to hear that. I will pass on your concerns."  This rewards program is really bad.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. We members hear you but that's as far as it goes. As for AARP it's not hearing these problems we're having with AARP Rewards. Or they just don't Care. I still want to know how many of these gift cards for points are in batch. They're sold out so quickly. My opinion is that it's less than the 125 for the Instant Win gift cards which are for $10 not these measily $5 ones that hundreds of thousands members try to redeem. Myself I've been missing all the $10 and the good $5 gift cards. 

Concerned Member
Conversationalist

Try calling the rewards line at 866-451-6305 and see if they can help. 

Karyn
0 Kudos
Contributor

Same thing happened to me, very disappointed .

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. What's up with the redemption of gift cards. I just tried to redeem Sunglass Hut Gift Card and it said I have already redeemed for this and I can only redeem once. All of this I know. First time I'm able to redeem for something worth while I get this Stupid error. I haven't redeemed once this month. Something is Going On Here. I'm really just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—

Before someone ask me yes I cleared my cache files and restarted my browser. I got a this item not in our system

I even used different browsers and still can't redeem that Sunglass Hut Gift Card

๐Ÿ˜ค

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Good evening everyone ๐Ÿค—. First I want to wish all the fathers a happy father's day. I just want to know if everyone is seeing the same Rewards for points as I am. I mean like where are they ๐Ÿค”. I think that this is the worst I've ever seen it. They had to scatter them all over the page. Crappy cards. The sweepstakes are enticing. The $500 and $300 and so on. This is why we get get table scraps. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Super Contributor

Sounds like the same problem KathleenM had with the Bahama Breezes GC. Thought at that time it was due to the fact that GC might have already been sold out, but now I realize that "sold out", "used 3 redemptions", and "already redeemed" messages are different. And both of you got the "already redeemed" message, even though you hadn't redeemed the GC. Since this happened on 2 different GC, I'm curious if you have tried just selecting another GC and seeing if you get the same message, or if it is only happening on certain GCs. By the way, I did select the Sunglass GC (before it was sold out), and I didn't get the "already redeemed" message, so this isn't happening to everyone.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi. I did try to redeem for another GC and did see the redeem button for that one and would have been able to redeem for that one if I wanted it. I just couldn't redeem for the Bahama Breeze GC because the system apparently thought for some reason that I had already redeemed for it.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Can you please provide a screenshot of the error message you're receiving?

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. I hope this helps you. Something is definitely wrong because this should have been sold out by now

I'm just saying 

Picsart_23-06-11_14-20-48-445.png

Picsart_23-06-11_14-22-08-952.png

Concerned Member
Honored Social Butterfly

Have you tried to redeem this tonight? The status has changed to 'Only a Few Left.' I worry you're not going to get this GC. @AARPJanelleM, please assist! Thank you.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. Yes I tried different browsers and different times of the day. I did try another redemption and had no problem. I didn't redeem it just wanted to see if I could. I saw the Only a few left and tried to redeem them but still couldn't. Strange that it would allow me to redeem a $5 card but not that $10 one. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

That is exactly what happened to me with the Bahama Breeze gift card. There definitely must be something going on.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

When you click on the Sunglass Hut gift card do you see a 'redeem' button? Not saying to click on it to redeem, just need to understand if you could redeem the Sunglass Hut gift card if you wanted to. 

Bronze Conversationalist

No redemption button. As I stated before I haven't redeemed anything this month because there wasn't anything worth while. Just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

That error message was a substitution for out of stock . The card was sold out in under an hour.

Karyn
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am not sure it was a substitute error message for sold out because I caught the card very soon after it went up and watched the progression of this card over the next 30 minutes that showed "Only a Few Left" to finally "Sold Out". So it did not appear from the progression that it was sold out at the time I tried to redeem it.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

It could be that the GC was already sold out but the system display hadn't caught up to that. A few months ago I saw an Amazon GC that said "only a few left" and I was so excited because these are always sold out when I see them.  I tried to get it, but it didn't work (the message I got wasn't that I had already redeemed it and it wasn't the "out of stock" message for sold out cards, but I don't remember what it said). I kept refreshing the page and it kept saying "only a few left", but I still couldn't get it. Then eventually it said sold out.  Or maybe the Bahama Breezes GC wasn't sold out, but there were so many people trying to get it that the system got screwed up (wouldn't be the first time this system didn't work properly).

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I think you are  correct. 

Karyn
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hello. Per your transaction history for redemptions, does it show a deduction for Bahama Breeze? Can you see the redemption? If no, then your transaction did not go through, thus you did not redeem the gift card. In the future, when you question as to whether or not a redemption is complete, but you receive an error, try to redeem it again, even if all seems successful, always double check your redemption transaction history. If you can see the redemption, did you receive an email? If you see the redemption in transaction history, but did not receive an email, then this will require further assistance. First, let's tackle as to whether or not the redemption went through, and if you can see it in your redemption transaction history.

>>> Transaction History - Redemptions <<<  ๐Ÿ™‚

Periodic Contributor

1. My transaction history does not show a transaction for the Bahama Breeze gift card nor were any points deducted or an email received. I refreshed at the time I tried to redeem but I still received the error message that I had allegedly already redeemed it, which I had not.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I see. Is it possible you have already used your 3 redemptions this month? Otherwise, Janelle (AARP Community Concierge) may need to intervene.

Periodic Contributor

I have only redeemed one this month, so I have two left. The error message at the time for Bahama Breeze said I could only redeem this gift card once, but I had not redeemed it at all, I still had two left for the month, there was no redeem button, and I was totally unable to redeem it. How would I contact Janelle?

Honored Social Butterfly

I have tagged her below. If you would like to click on the link and send her a message, you could try that way as well. It being the weekend, not sure how effective tagging will be today. Hope it all works out for everyone. Doesn't seem isolated, because there are a few here having the same issues. Thank you for your patience. 

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM -- Could you please assist? aka HELP! 

@KathleenM920924 | @al45009948 | @bk20598734  are receiving errors when trying to redeem points only gift cards. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP