Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

May 2021 Extra Credit Questions

For anyone who stayed up past midnight EST to see the new offers....

Were there any for over $5?   I see there are several $5 offers still there at 6 a.m. EST.

Were there eight offers in each section as there has been in the past?   I am seeing six and two empty spaces at this time.  

I stopped staying up to midnight after several months of $5 offers only.  Just curious to see if it would have been worth losing a good night's sleep.....babysitting today, so need my strength, lol.

I was able to get the $5 Amazon for the hefty price of 20K points.

Thanks in advance.

Conversationalist

Yes, shortly after midnight EST there were only six offers for each of the 3 Extra Credit "lessons." Within each "lesson," four of those six were 20%-off Gift Cards, and the other two were $5 Points-Only GC's. Very disappointing that for the 3rd month in a row, all of the Extra Credit Points-Only deals are for a measly $5.

The best thing about this month's Extra Credit offers is that all of the $5 Points-Only GC's are for MEMBERS ONLY. Hopefully this signals a change toward having non-members excluded from snatching Points-Only deals.

Gold Conversationalist

@garyfish49 Yes, that is a good trend with Members Only.   

@KennethR776014   I am afraid the  "fix" for the higher cost of the $5 cards would be to have the high cost at all times as long as people are redeeming them.   I'll consider it a bargain if I find them for less.   I did redeem for the $5 Amazon as it will pay for one of my Kindle books.

Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

@garyfish49 

Yes I was happy see were 'Members Only'

But sad that offers were even more costly than they've been lately 🤢👎 As much as I want Amazon cards not willing pay that many points... since I do just enough to keep steady total of 40,000 -65,000 points not worth getting it nor any of other extra credit offers... Amazon got sold out at that steeper price sure hope doesn't become a trend and can get another later for 12,500 points again 🤔

Grateful to share did get 2 cards in April : Walmart  & Amazon $5 so got $10 worth missed out last month (March)  I've not redeemed 3 in any month since they set to 1 of each 

Still wondering as asked on another thread if could get 2 from same company when offered twice a month??... may have just do Krispy Kreme two times to find out since haven't ever seen 2 Amazon or Walmart offers 

Have a beautiful one! 

Ginger  ;  )

Periodic Contributor

It seems like $5.00 gift cards are the new norm.  It is frustrating to pay 20,000 pts for a $5 gift card then later have the same one available for $10.00 and only $15,000 pts.

Periodic Contributor

Are all the rewards for points posted after midnight the night before the 1st of the month, i.e. May 1? I can recall checking at 8:00 am CST and they still were not posted in the past.  It this something new?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@KennethR776014 

Hi Kenneth

1st of month 12:01AM EST for me

Few months ago was up late site had only Extra credit offers no quizzes (or other way around can't recall for certain) at that time took over 20ish mintues for both be available Can't get one without the other 🥴🤣 Was weird

Enjoy your day 

Ginger  ;  )

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I looked at the extra credit rewards at midnight.  I only saw $5 rewards for points only.  I don’t remember how many rewards in each group but I think there were six in each…not sure though.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP