Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Has anyone used the Doordash $25 card?

Gold Conversationalist

Has anyone used the Doordash $25 card?

We've never used Doordash so I am not sure how the gift card would work.    

Would appreciate anyone's experience with using the AARP $25 one if you've redeemed for that.       I have not used the Panera one online but have redeemed instore.   Will have to download the app to do that in the future.   I am not sure how individual restaurants get paid with the giftcard redemptions.  I imagine they do in some way.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@HokiePoq wrote:

We've never used Doordash so I am not sure how the gift card would work.    

Would appreciate anyone's experience with using the AARP $25 one if you've redeemed for that.       I have not used the Panera one online but have redeemed instore.   Will have to download the app to do that in the future.   I am not sure how individual restaurants get paid with the giftcard redemptions.  I imagine they do in some way.

You need to download the app on your phone or go on the website. There is a place to input your gift card/code, usually in the payment section.

Doordash works like Grubhub and other apps. Go on the app and pick the restaurant you want to order food from. You can either pick it up at the store or have it delivered. Having it delivered will cost more money obviously.

How doordash makes money: restaurants get charged pre-order commissions and charged delivery commissions.  Restaurants choose to do this to get more exposure and more orders.

It is a cut-throat business because usually, consumers are not loyal to one app. If you use doordash, you probably use ubereats, grubhub, etc..

Also, some advice, download cash app or sofi money. If you link your checking account or the cash app via your default payment, you typically can get 10-20% off doordash orders.

Gold Conversationalist

@AristotleOfGreece 

Thanks so much for the information.   I wonder if you can link a credit card...safer for me than the checking account.   And maybe more trouble than I want to go to but really appreciate the info.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@HokiePoq wrote:

@AristotleOfGreece 

Thanks so much for the information.   I wonder if you can link a credit card...safer for me than the checking account.   And maybe more trouble than I want to go to but really appreciate the info.

Credit/debit it doesn't matter.

The reason why I mentioned Sofi is that they are running a promotion:

Earn 20% cashback when paying for the following services with your SoFi Money account:

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/sofi-money-offering-20-back-on-doordash-streaming-entertainme... 

If you only plan on using the $25 worth of the gift, it doesn't really matter but 20% cashback on every doordash order until June is tempting. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP