Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Silver Conversationalist

FANDANGO GIFT CARD - CAUTION

Some of you may not be aware that Fandango and VUDU will merge very soon. We have Fandango AND FandangoNOW purchase gift cards in the catalog.

VUDU will honor ONLY FandangoNOW gift cards. BUT it seems that SOME FandangoNOW GC’s are not valid with the streaming service.

I have 4 FandangoNOW GC’s and VUDU says 2 of them are invalid and won’t add them to my VUDU account. 

Supposedly you could rent or purchase videos on Fandango before the merge and they will transfer over to your VUDU library, but I won’t trust that. 

Anyway, the best option I see is to stay away from all of the Fandango cards for now. Happy Streaming 😀

Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Does this merger apply to purchasing theater movie tickets with a Fandango gift card?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Army49,

Best I can find this will be a merger of movie and TV streaming sites only. The ticketing aspect of Fandango will remain the same. I checked my VIP account at Fandango.com and there was no mention of any changes.

I hope this new Delta variant of Covid-19 dosen't cause more problems for the theaters. I was hoping things were going to improve with this virus to the point I could venture back out to the movies and inside dining but I am not so sure now. 🙄

Just Saying   

lucyp061351
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info @rednexsrus .  I'm not ready either to return to the movie theater yet because of the Delta variant. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP