Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Disappointed with insignificant trivial meaningless discounts

Gold Conversationalist

Disappointed with insignificant trivial meaningless discounts

Disappointed in the rewards program lately ๐Ÿ˜ž......for so many reasons....as an example.... some of the discounts offered on merchandise are insignificant & almost meaningless....10% isnโ€™t much....but 8%....7%....down to a trivial 5%....come on people in charge ....give us something worthwhile!! โ€ผ๏ธ

Isnโ€™t the point of AARP REWARDS to find as many ways possible to REWARD US? ๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿ’ฒ ๐Ÿ˜Š

Anyway... Take care everyone

โ˜ฎ๏ธ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ

insignificant trivial meaningless discountsinsignificant trivial meaningless discounts

Gold Conversationalist

Hereโ€™s a new low...an absolutely pitiful measly meager 4% discount! ๐Ÿ˜’

an absolutely pitiful measly meager 4% discountan absolutely pitiful measly meager 4% discount

and of course it's the coveted โ€œMembers onlyโ€....

Regular Contributor

That's hilarious. You can call SiriusXM and they'll give you like 2 years for buying 1 for free. lol 

Regular Contributor

I've been finding the majority of redemptions kind of insulting, esp. the greeting cards and coloring sheets. Then, the stingy $5 dollar gift cards to Saks Fifth Avenue or expensive restaurants like Morton's Steakhouse. You can barely get a cup of coffee with that amount at DD or Starbucks. Plus, all the technical difficulties. What a gigantic waste of time.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi  @PaulineC593962 ๐Ÿ’

Thank you kindly for your response

I appreciate what you wrote!

I & many others have mentioned this issue many times this year to no avail!

Here we are trying to get these pitiful measly $5 GCs!! โ˜น๏ธ.....& even then...theyโ€™re often gone before we get a chance to redeem them!!  ๐Ÿ˜’

Anyhoot ......Hope you have a good week!

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@Therapist4u   It is hard to know which entity has done this to the rewards program....AARP by continuing to recruit massive numbers of new participants without an increased budget for rewards or the operator Hello World which of course is out to make a profit.    AARP might respond (again) that the purpose is not to reward us but to educate us.   I will say that the activities are well done for the most part and many are informative.    However, you are exactly right that the rewards have become increasingly insignificant.   I think many are duped into paying for these tiny discounts which is taking advantage of gullible seniors in my opinion.   It is so not worth it to put your credit card info out there to save as little as ONE dollar on some of these so called rewards.  At the beginning of the new program, I got as much as three $20 restaurant cards in a month which was a free meal in a nice restaurant.   It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that vendors most likely are donating or selling at steep discount the cards in exchange for advertising their establishments on the AARP/Hello World site.  Then Hello World sells them for profit.   This was more visible earlier in the program when HW was selling cards for more than I was purchasing them for at Costco.

@nctarheel   You are right about the local deals.  Not only does the kid at the register have no clue about them, their managers frequently do not as well.   I have never been refused but have had to hold up a line while the manager is called to approve the discount certificate.  Definitely not worth the trouble or embarrassment to me.   

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @HokiePoq ๐Ÿ˜„

Agreed ...on what you said! ....& so many interesting points! ...also.... Iโ€™m both angry ๐Ÿ˜– & sad ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

on whatโ€™s happened to the

>>>> NOT-SO-REWARDING Rewards program! ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜’

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ

Honored Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u,

In my opinion, AARP'S rewards program has always been a farce.

At one time, they had restaurant coupons available through a joint program run by AARP and The Entertainment Book. You had to use points and jump through other hoops to garner a coupon, only to find out that the restaurant for which you had the coupon WASN'T ACCEPTING THEM or DIDN'T EVEN KNOW they were part of a promotional program through AARP.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @nctarheel

Agreed ๐Ÿ‘ ...also....

The final insult.....

is to say โ€œMembers onlyโ€....

for a meager 7% discount! ๐Ÿ˜–

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ ~Allen

Contributor

And the discount is truly meaningless if you CAN'T BUY THE CARDS.   The AARP Rewards Checkout function has not been working FOR MORE THAN A WEEK.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @MarthaP479184

Agreed...also....you think someone actually listened to us? ๐Ÿค”

the NOT-SO-REWARDING Rewards program is crumbling fast! ๐Ÿ˜ง

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP