Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Carnival Gift Card Purchasing Error-A SCAM?

Periodic Contributor

Carnival Gift Card Purchasing Error-A SCAM?

I've been reading a lot on line warning not to buy the Carnival gift cards from AARP because of problems purchasing and actually using them.  I've been unable to complete transactions for the last week when trying to purchase these cards for an upcoming cruise.  There are tons of other posts on cruising and other sites stating similar problems.  There are posts on the on-line AARP community forum stating the same problem dating back over a year.  Customer Service was no help when I called.  Their suggestion was unblocking intrusive ads on my Chrome browser and trying another payment method, which didn't work.  I tried purchasing on another browser with no luck.  The problem isn't with the payment methods I am using.  Is it a technical issue being ignored, or are the Carnival cards a scam to draw in avid cruisers to join this organization? Don't think I'll renew, as I haven't really seen that much value being a member as of yet.

Kudos
Views
Replies
Periodic Contributor

I've read about too many people having this problem and getting no help from customer service except lip service.  I think it's a giant scam to get cruisers to join AARP.  I know I'm putting the word out there in cruise groups, my travel blog, and significant social media to not to fall for this particular bait.  I'm definitely not renewing my membership.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@d655791g Please contact our Rewards team so we can get more info from you to escalate your case: 1-866-451-6305.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have done this twice with no resolution and I’m not going to do it a third time. The more I read about AARP and the gift cards, the more I’m convinced this is a scam.  

Gold Conversationalist

Know some who use these with no problems.  I do think that purchase of any of the gift cards is not a sound financial decision, especially for anyone who does not pay off their credit card balance in full each month.   Some of the cards (not cruise cards) are available elsewhere.   I do not want my credit card info out anywhere that has so many technical problems.

Gold Conversationalist

Hey my friend @HokiePoq

Agreed!

That said, IMHO only....If it was/is a scam...then that means it’s being done intentionally...& not just sloppy unforgivable cuss serv!

I have no clue...but something’s def wrong!

As @d655791g says:There are posts on the on-line AARP community forum stating the same problem dating back over a year.  Customer Service was no help.,..”

Not sure it can be only tech issues....which we know only too well of....& we also know they never end! LOL!

Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site! LOL!Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site! LOL!

Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site!😃🙃

Anyway,

Take care!  ☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP