Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards current experience issues 9/1/2021 - UPDATED ISSUES RESOLVED 9/2/2021

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards current experience issues 9/1/2021 - UPDATED ISSUES RESOLVED 9/2/2021

We are aware that AARP Rewards is currently experiencing technical difficulties that may impact functionalities such as engagement with Extra Credit activities, points redemption, and other Rewards features. We appreciate your patience while we get this resolved.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Is Rewards experiencing technical difficulties again?  It was unable to process my transaction.  The last time this happened, it took almost a month to resolve.  Hoping that isn't the case this time.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@amennenga The Rewards site is working properly. Please let me know if you are still having issues with it. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It's not working for me.  I tried the troubleshooting things they had me do last time.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@amennenga I understand. What exactly is happening? What screen are you on when you get the issue and are you getting an error message? Please provide me with some more information. You can also send me a private message if you'd like. The steps to do that can be found here: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Technology/How-do-I-send-a-private-message/ta-p/2185159

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It worked this time!  Thank you, Janelle, for your help 🙂

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@amennenga That's great! You are most welcome, I'm always here to help. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Can not purchase gift cards because it says there is a problem with my address?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CindyR568247 Thanks for letting me know. I sent you a private message to request more information from you and to look into this further. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

This problem has been "escalated" since 09/28/2021----no resolution.  I can not purchase any gift cards.  I keep being asked the same questions over and over......why?  I have the correct address everywhere--I am not using ad blockers etc.  I have tried 4 different devices and 4 different browsers.  I am frustrated and disappointed. 

Community Concierge

@CindyR568247 Hi Cindy, the escalation has not been created yet. On Oct 5 I sent you a private message asking for a few more details in order to submit the information to our escalations team. Unfortunately, I have not received a response from you as of yet in order to complete the escalation. Please let me know if you are having trouble viewing my private message. 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri always appreciate your updates but this one should have stated "we are aware that AARP Rewards has been experiencing technical issues since the "Rewards Maintenance" 03-Aug (1 month ago)".

It seems when one of the issues due to "maintenance" is "fixed", another is broken... (e.g... now videos seem to score but Rewards games do not (receiving "missed" message on those today).

So just for honesty's sake, and so we can trust SOMETHING, please consider posting accurately.

Thank you, and stay safe...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Super Contributor

@AARPTeri - I do have cards in my cart that I am unable to checkout due to the technical difficulties - I sincerely hope that I will be able to cash out at some point instead of having my cart deleted and the cards I have in my cart suddenly "sold out" - it is the least you can do for the inconveneience of members that were diligent today (some right at midnight) to do the activities and earn the rewards.  Just my two cents.

Anne

Super Contributor

So much for that - I lost the Daily Deal today that was in my cart because of the 'technical difficulty'.  It was in my cart!  Like when I am at the grocery store waiting in a long line to checkout, people don't take items away that I have in my cart.  This is what happened here, and it is very unfair!

Silver Conversationalist

@AnneG461594 

You will not even get an apology, Anne

So Sad and Angry 😡 

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

In Rewards for Good, one had 20 minutes to complete the transaction once the item was in the cart. I have suggested several times that something equivalent be done for this current program; it would be a great addtion.

Of course no community manager has ever answered me; however one representatve on the phone told me clearly that one cannot hold items in the cart because there is no cart and no need for one! Sometimes one just have to laugh at the absurdity.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP