Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION - We seem to still be having fun - So Play on!

Honored Social Butterfly

SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION - We seem to still be having fun - So Play on!

SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION

Okay

This is meant to be a long running topic . The rules are simple and there are a zillion songs out there, so lets see what we can do with this.

You start with a song title. Let's use Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith

You look at that title, pick out one word from it and find a new song title with that word in it,( example, In & Out of Love - Bon Jovi) then post the new title as your post. The next person follows. See easy

So lets give it a try. My title is: Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith.

your reply could be:

from Love in an Elevator to Love is all you need--Beatles

My hope is that our new member  duke  could help us get this started.

Please pick up on any word in the last posted Title!

For more on this topic see:
Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Heartache "Tonight"...The Eagles

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"Are You Lonesome Tonight", Elvis

0 Kudos

Lonesome Town    Ricky Nelson

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

New Kid In Town .................. The Eagles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6FsnmaJrQQ

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

The Boys Are Back In Town....Thin Lizzie

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Where The "Boys" Are..Connie Francis

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Ladies Love Country Boys  Alan Jackson

The good folks at AARP have more important things to do they refuse to change my join date the true date is 12/09/2009
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I Was country When Country Wasn't Cool....Barbara Mandrel

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"Country Road", John Denver

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

On The Road Again .................... Willie Nelson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mckg0

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Alone  Again Naturally....Gilbert O 'Sullivan

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"All Alone by the Telephone", Frank Sinatra

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

all Alone Am I....Brenda Lee

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

"Take It All".. Adele

"All By Myself"... Eric Carmen

Walkers Take It All In Strides
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION - We seem to still be having fun - Yes -  We are sure putting up some wild numbers here!

The Statler Brothers: "Flowers" On The Wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbk8uiuJimE

Uploaded on Jan 30, 2011

Named after a brand of tissues, the four members of the Statler Brothers did not in fact share a fraternal bond; what they did share, however, was the distinction of being one of the most successful vocal harmony groups in the history of country music. Formed in the group's home base of Staunton, VA, in 1955, the Statlers were originally a church trio comprised of bass vocalist Harold Reid (born August 21, 1939), baritone Phil Balsley (August 8, 1939), and tenor Lew DeWitt (March 8, 1938). In 1960, Reid's younger brother Don (born June 5, 1945) signed on to take the lead vocal reins, and the quartet performed gospel music under the name the Kingsmen.

After arranging a meeting with the promotional department for a local Johnny Cash concert, the Kingsmen were asked to open the performance. Cash was so impressed that he invited the group to join the tour, and after changing their name to the Statler Brothers, they remained on the road with Cash from 1963 to 1971. The Statlers signed to Columbia Records in 1964 and a year later scored a huge country and pop hit with DeWitt's "Flowers on the Wall," which also lent its name to their 1966 debut album. 1967's The Statler Brothers Sing the Big Hits held true to its title's promise, generating a pair of Top Ten singles in "Ruthless" and "You Can't Have Your Kate and Edith, Too."

In 1969, the quartet moved to Mercury Records, where they remained for over two decades; their first single for the label, 1970's "Bed of Rose's," was a Top Ten hit. In the same year, they held their first Fourth of July picnic; for decades, the celebration remained an annual holiday staple, drawing tens of thousands of fans each summer. Throughout the first half of the 1970s, the Statlers remained fixtures on the Top 40 charts thanks to a string of nostalgic singles like 1972's "Do You Remember These" and "The Class of '57," 1973's "Carry Me Back," and 1974's "Whatever Happened to Randolph Scott." Their LPs of the period were often concept records: 1972's The Statler Brothers Sing Country Symphonies in E Major was whimsically formatted like an orchestral performance (complete with side-break "intermission"), while 1975's joint release Holy Bible/Old Testament and Holy Bible/New Testament fulfilled a long-standing dream to record a gospel project. 1973's Alive at the Johnny Mack Brown High School, on the other hand, was a tongue-in-cheek effort recorded under the group's comic alias Lester "Roadhog" Moran & the Cadillac Cowboys.

The sentimental "I'll Go to My Grave Loving You" was a Top Five hit in 1975 and was included on the Statlers' first best-of compilation, released later in the same year. After a series of Top Ten hits that included 1977's "The Movies" (another recurring Statler theme) and "I Was There," they earned their first chart-topper in 1978 with "Do You Know You Are My Sunshine," from the album Entertainers...on & off the Record. In 1980 the Statler Brothers celebrated their first decade on Mercury with 10th Anniversary, which featured the smash "Charlotte's Web," taken from the film Smokey and the Bandit, Pt. 2, in which the group also co-starred.

After 1982's The Legend Goes On, DeWitt was forced to leave the group as a result of Crohn's disease; the illness ultimately killed him on August 15, 1990. The remaining Statlers tapped Jimmy Fortune as his successor, and immediately Fortune earned the group its second number one with his "Elizabeth" (an homage to actress Elizabeth Taylor), from the album Today. Their next two LPs, 1984's Atlanta Blue and 1985's Pardners in Rhyme, were credited to simply the Statlers; each record generated a number one hit -- "My Only Love" and "Too Much on My Heart," respectively -- again composed by Fortune. They returned as the Statler Brothers for the 1986 inspirational release Radio Gospel Favorites, followed later in the year by Four for the Show. 1987's Maple Street Memories produced the Top Ten single "Forever"; 1989's "More Than a Name on the Wall," which peaked at number six, was their last significant hit. They continued releasing albums, however, and in addition to remaining a popular touring act in the 1990s, the Statler Brothers also hosted a long-running variety show on TNN.

In 2002, the Statler Brothers announced their retirement from the road. On October 26, they played their last concert at the 10,000-seat Salem Civic Center in Salem, VA, not far from Staunton, where they'd started and where they continued to maintain their headquarters. ~Jason Ankeny, All Music Guide

PLEASE NOTE: I divided my uploads between multiple channels, Bookmark this link in your browser for instant access to an index with links to all of John1948's oldies classics. LINK: http://tinyurl.com/Channel-Index

For more of the Statler Brothers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiz-ycwCkGI&list=RD02fbk8uiuJimE

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Where Have all The Flowers Gone....Peter,Paul& Mary

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

It's "All" In The Game...Tommy Edwards

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

All Along The Watchtower ......................  Jimi Hendrix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_L4RtU1iRg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"Is That All There Is", Peggy Lee

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Money ("That's" What I Want) ...Barry Strong

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

That 's life....Frank Sinatra

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"It's My Life", Bon Jovi

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

"Life" Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries...Judy Garland (not old enough to remember Rudee Vallee)...

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

The Good Life....Tony Bennett

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Circle of "Life"..Carmen  (from the Lion King)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"For Once in My Life", Stevie Wonder

0 Kudos

Life Goes On   LeAnn Rimes

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In My Life  Beatles

The good folks at AARP have more important things to do they refuse to change my join date the true date is 12/09/2009
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

You are my destiny - Paul Anka

http://youtu.be/0meTY7YjqWk

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

"My" Girl...The Temptations

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP