Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Holiday Lights 2020

Quick poll! Are you a:

a. white lights only person.

white holiday lights.jpg

-or-

b. multicolored lights all the way person.

HDY-LIGHTS-TB-780x520.jpg

Hit reply and let us know. And share a photo of your holiday lights if you've decorated 🎄

Contributor

Multi-colored lights all the way!

Trusted Social Butterfly

MULTICOLOon my tree and on people's houses, but white for the candles in the windows.

I can't take a photo of my candles and tree in the windows since I'm not good at walking out to the street at night. I posted a photo of my big inside tree with multicolor lights in Morning Roll Call, but it posted sideways for some reason! 😆

Bronze Conversationalist

I love putting and seeing white candles in the windows during the Christmas season and even into New Year's.   It was always a practice in my grandmother's windows, and brings back warm memories.  Merry Christmas, cat woman!  : ) 

Contributor

Colored lights inside and out.  Will send a pic when I have a moment to myself.  Still wrapping and finishing my decorating.  Love the holiday to have lots of color.  😁💖🎄❄️☃️

Kimmie T
Contributor

Multi-color inside and out!!

Honored Social Butterfly

I like lots of color, but on some displays, I will use white lights only. On the tree, must have multi color lights, though! Colors reflecting off of the “icicles” and silver bells, so pretty. 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

Our condo association, located along the Rouge River, only allows red exterior lights.  Surprisingly, it looks better than one would think.

Honored Social Butterfly

@2Papa wrote:

Our condo association, located along the Rouge River, only allows red exterior lights.  Surprisingly, it looks better than one would think.

I like it!  I bet it looks spectacular!  xs-thumbup

Along the Rouge River, huh?  Gee, go figure why the red.  xs-santalol

Bronze Conversationalist

Rouge River...Red.  Yep, I see a connection starting.  Ha!

Honored Social Butterfly

Only white. It's a pure time of year. White lights and white snow.

Save the colors for July 4th.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I think white lights are fine for generic celebrations and everyday decorations.  For the Christmas season I like colored lights, hands down!

Contributor

Color, color, color!

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm an everything person.  Bring on the color!!!!  🎄

Kudos
Views

As long as there is a mixture I like a few all white buildings. I just don’t like them close together. By “mixing up” the neighborhood you accent both. Endless all white just looks like they were lighting for safety without being obvious.

Conversationalist

I like multi outside and white inside. 

Shari
Honored Social Butterfly

@st18688804 wrote:

I like multi outside and white inside. 

I was just about to write the exact opposite.  😉  I like the white lights outside but have a multi-colored Christmas tree inside.  

Honored Social Butterfly

I like multis.  Wish I had a picture to share, but since I work with a crew that decorates shopping/town centers for the holidays, the last thing I want to see when I get home is a Christmas light. xs-light

xs-biggrin

Honored Social Butterfly

Multi’s or white outside, I do have a problem apparently with West Palm Beach or Vegas style wrapped trees in Maine.

Will post picture later when I slog up to town at night. There’s just something off when behind the backdrop of snow, is a 225 year old Congo (Congregational) Church.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

white holiday lights.jpg

I like neat and clean lines!  

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Bronze Conversationalist

I can certainly understand that, MsStretch!  Ha!   Kind of like those who have to work in retail and start hearing Christmas carols over their PA system starting in October.  Jimminy!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP