Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024
Top of the morning to everyone on this 1st day of May 2024.

Happy Birthday to all of our May Birthday member.

1000009941.jpg

1000010919.jpg

1000010920.jpg

1000007421.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (4/9/24) I am doing good @Therapist4u and hope you are too  💙💙💙

Gold Conversationalist

Thanks for askin @SpringIsHereSoHappy....

I’m.....GREAT.JPG

I’m.....GREAT😀

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (4/8/24)    ANY COFFEE DRINKERS OUT THERE?

I am one and buy the regular instant coffee, Walmart brand. Then add their version of sweet & low. Then LOTS of creamer (Hazelnut or French Vanilla). At age 66 this year, I can drink it at bedtime. Lol, NO longer keeps me awake as it did when I was a youngster.  🙄  I now drink it for the taste!!! 👵

Silver Conversationalist

All my life.. Got me an auto maker a few years ago, I set it the night before and its ready when I get up. Just have to plod to the kitchen and pour..A little milk and a squirt of French Vanilla and Im good to go.

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 4/5/24) MAIL ALERT!

@Frozenoem , what was the "issue & fix" - I cannot remember, but I was around with my OLD account 2019 to 2021.  👵

YOU WROTE: Heck I was thrilled when someone actually fixed the you got mail alert that was dated 2021 or 2022 for years.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy 

My notifications of new posts were always dated 2021 despite the actual year of posting.It was like AARP never changed the time and date stamp on their servers.

Beyond that I can’t really speak non-geek. Need to speak to a Windoze or Dos user. Not happening  this month my computers are busy, all of them.

If you have a Windows or Dos computer with bios that hasn’t booted in years and battery is dead on motherboard. Then you’d need to boot to command prompt and enter date: and Time: to bring it into this century.

About as non geek as I can go!

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

6 comments (Friday 4/5/24 8:29pm ET) Inquiring Minds Want To Know!  🤣😂

Hi Allen @Therapist4u , did you receive the PM I sent you TODAY? Sent: ‎05:42 PM ET. Thanks, Nicole 👵

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Nicole! No IM from you

Also, while you use a phone to access AARP & can see & respond to posts instantly... I have a phone but no data!

I only have an old messed up laptop & I do lots of stuff on it & then I leave....so if I don’t reply soon it might take another day...I'm not ignoring you...I'm here only a short while & that delays responses to you...also my hands hurt too much after a lot of typing so I have to stop for a while.......try to send IM again since I'm here for a short bit more...OK?

Trusted Social Butterfly

4 comments (Friday 4/5/24 10:29pm ET)

@Therapist4u , I was offline. Just sent AGAIN  👵

Gold Conversationalist

NO PM....make sure you have me listed as a friend

go to Quick Links.JPG

go to my Quick Links if already a friend then use that send PM link from there

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 4/5/24 10:57pm ET)

Hey Allen @Therapist4u , here is what I was sending you = that I do not kudo here in the Front Porch but know you like getting them = donot take it personally. Lol, they all know I don't.

Gosh, all porchers have received my PMs. In fact @Frozenoem and myself have been chatting all day.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. Not in the mood to FIGHT with this site. Lol, way too much troubleshooting. 👵

Gold Conversationalist

OK....try again later tomorrow

I just need to know that its working

I also was trying to reply to a message yesterday

but a notice said "that has been deleted"

and some posts that you had kudoed

by the next day were taken back..they were

UNKUDOED...LOL

I couldn't figure out what was happening

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

wow..I just realized somehow the ignore user link button was on...listed as "remove ignore" in the pic I just sent...

so I fixed that...& try again

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 4/5/24)

@Therapist4u , I am glad things are working for you on the site. 👍

@LaDolceVita sending these your way  💙💙💙

Gold Conversationalist

unfortunately it was short lived...back to few & random notices☹️😒

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 , I heard about the NJ earthquake!  Glad you are all right.  Reminds me of the one in VA several years back.  Same thing, I wasn't sure what was happening until I looked outside and saw everything shaking.  I've lived in CA and Japan and know about earthquakes, but you just don't expect them on the east coast.

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , are you back in VA?  Thought you moved to FL.  Sorry if I missed something.

Honored Social Butterfly

About the only tremor I ever felt in Maine, was a dainty changing moment, was jacking up my camp and Jack partially crushed my ring and me.I know it’s ez enough to put ring on mandrel but, it’s kinda a CYA everytime I look at it.

To date all fingers are still attached and kinda work, besides it’s my favorite and most often used finger to use in southlands.

Now time for happy pills and food enjoy

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Gold Conversationalist

Hey  Froze! @Frozenoem

More happy pills 4 U!! HAHAAA!!

O happy pills IP.jpg

Gold Conversationalist

happy pills

OIP happy pills.jpg

for Froze @Frozenoem  ..LOL!

happy pills.jpg

Take care!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (Friday 4/5/24) BIG BRO!  👴

@Frozenoem , what is causing all these earthquakes in places they NEVER use to happen?  😱😱😱

Climate Change? 🤔

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Shucks my background doesn’t cover everything only enough to be dangerous.

check out -

Earthquake 

I only know what to do when the ground starts shaking, go under a table And hang on to it.Door frames or out in the open hunker down and hang on.In a car fasten seat belt, and go when shaking stops.

To date I’m lucky New England has relatively inactive plate lines.BUT, man in his infinite wisdom NOT!

Is screwing around with Mother Nature between climate change, mining, drilling etc, 

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 4/5/24)

@Frozenoem , then @MsStretch posted about one that happened here in VA!!!  😱😱😱

Lol, I was feeling safe.

I know Florida had a few RECENTLY.

Oh well, when it is my time to go, I am ready. Seems nowhere is safe from Natural Disasters anymore.  👵

Honored Social Butterfly

Nicole 

Might be the right attitude, don’t know. Promised my late sister that I’d annoy her kids And grands just like she did.

Like the idea of sticking around long enough to get full battery used up.”Pacemaker”12 years.

Florida is iffy hurricanes, tornadoes, overbuilding, and sink holes where the ground disappears beneath your house. Might be why most of my nephews are coming up here, or seeking out the country and higher elevations than sea level. Remains to be seen.

My favorite bunker has been sold, neighbor with well stocked wine cellar.👎🏻Boo,hiss.Do what makes you happy.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , yes, Willie Mae and Giorgio are notorious nappers.  I think they say cats can sleep up to 18 hours/day. They become more active when the sun goes down.

Everything here popping out green overnight.  Bushwhacking season over. 🚶 We used to be able to go through April, almost May.  The good ol' days.  Last hike/bushwhack was Easter to a couple of old homesites in SNP.  And it rained mid-hike.  Climbing back up a mountainside slipping and sliding on wet leaves and rocks while navigating through greenbriar was great fun!

NOT.

Honored Social Butterfly

My memorable moment at SNP was similar ,campground was 60* with 2 dogs and the RV, Went into the bush down 20 feet and it was like a rainforest.

Immediate temperature climbed to 80-90.

We were all panting by the time we hit campground and A/C was turned on. The dogs were tired by the time we returned, couldn’t have been more than a 3-hour bushwhack.But it was better than parking in Cherry Hill for a month.

During the flooding and heavy rains. Mud up to here, might be confusing my songs but, we were both singing about the big muddy when we returned. Shenandoah is on my bucket list for future if it allows.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

8 comments (Friday 4/5/24) THE VIRGINIA FURBABIES!  🐈🐈🐈

@MsStretch , I notice Mr. No Name has been "knocked out" in his bed on Ms. Geraldine's Front Porch during the DAY. Lol, in fact when I go over there before my morning trip to Walmart on Tuesdays he MAY "ignore me or come over or stick his head out" = I am INTERRUPTING his ALL DAY NAP!!!

Does Queen Willie Mae and the Prince NAP ALL DAY?

Attaching a picture of his MANSION [plastic container under one of her chairs, 1st chair, NOT one by her Front Door] with his KING-SIZE BED.

He is a "hot mess" and got into it with another cat over his bed when Ms. Geraldine set up his mansion last December = his Christmas Present. I NEVER see any other cats here so it might have been one who THOUGHT they could move in.

📸  Picture Attached  📸

20240405_112556.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, @DaveMcK @SpringIsHereSoHappy @Frozenoem @Therapist4u @LeeS4949 @MsStretch @LaDolceVita... and anyone who happens to come by...

At my age I thought I was finished experiencing "firsts," but this morning around 10:25, there was a 4.7 mag. earthquake! The epicenter was in NJ, but quite a few areas felt it. I was in the bathroom when it started and at first I thought there was something wrong with my heater and it was going to explode. The noise was incredible. Sounded like a huge, unbalanced washer full of stuff. The whole house was shaking. I thought to myself, Is this an earthquake? In all my 75 years, I actually have never felt an earthquake before.

Lasted about 30 seconds and gradually settled down. I looked outside...nothing unusual. Was very perplexed until about 15 minutes later the TV news people started breaking into programming with the news that it was an earthquake.

For such a magnitude, it was surprising that there had so far been no reported injuries or damage.

So, my weekend was off to a rather exciting start! 😲

Anyone else feel that? They say it was felt from MA to MD.

Mind blown cat.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@catwoman I am glad you are OK and no damage done.  I have felt smaller quakes.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi again @catwoman500

I found this interesting coincidence...on the same day as y’alls earthquake : The New Madrid Seismic Zone started rocking early Friday morning. The U.S. Geological Survey recorded a magnitude 2.1 earthquake at 12:17 a.m. April 5. The tremor was centered along the Mississippi River in Lake County, Tennessee & had a depth of 4.8 miles.

The New Madrid Seismic Zone is still active and dangerous!The New Madrid Seismic Zone is still active and dangerous!

According to the USGS, the New Madrid Seismic Zone is the “most seismically active in North America east of the Rockies.”

US Faultline mapUS Faultline map

Take care!  ‌‌

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @catwoman500

Ca.JPG

I wanted to share this too:

https://youtu.be/cr19xmw68wc

A Hunterdon County homeowner roughly 5 miles from the epicenter showed a house camera clip from of the moment the 4.8 magnitude earthquake struck New Jersey Friday morning, sending tremors up and down the East Coast.....it shows mild shaking before quickly moving to more intense tremors as the entire house shook.

Hope you’re doing well!

As always... Take care!

☮️  🌄~Allen 🌈  🎨

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP