Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024
Top of the morning to everyone on this 3rd day of April 2024.

Happy Birthday to all of our April Birthday members.
April Birth Flowers: Daisies and Sweet Peas.

1000009941.jpg

1000010732.jpg

1000010733.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Froze! @Frozenoem

Looks like “Scout” 🐕 not only knew more than the electrician, but likely saved your home.....& most importantly.... 🙏 YOU!👍🙏

Just the joy of old houses and old wiring

I’m SHOCKED! LOL!I’m SHOCKED! LOL!

...LOL!

Anyway, as always... Take care!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈🎿❄️🏂

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello folks, looking around the corner for spring.  Winter wants to hang on longer than usual.  We are still getting lows around freezing this weekend.  But the pear trees are blooming and the daffodils are almost finished blooming for the year.

Still doing the sauna thing every night.  The first 10 minutes are easy, the last 10 not so much!  @Frozenoem  Nice to hear from you!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, Porch Peeps, @DaveMcK@Therapist4u@LaDolceVita@Frozenoem,  

It's been a while since I've been here. No excuse, really, just busy with mundane things...getting taxes ready to take to the preparer, renewing my web security (seems Best Buy is now separating it from the Geek service, and it has to be renewed separately). Then I was going back and forth with voter services trying to make sure my application for a mail in ballot was being processed. It's so annoying that we have to apply every year to get ballots for the year's elections! They mail you an application. You fill it out and send it back. Seems mine was received, awaiting processing, then "not received." Go figure. So, I re-applied online and they finally sent an email that it had been processed and I'd receive the ballot for next month's election. Arrgh!

Still going to PT, too.

Supposedly, according to my stepson, they are finally going to dig out the old and put in my new driveway next week. Looking forward to that aside from the inconvenience of getting in and out of the house and having to park my car somewhere other than the driveway. 

So, nothing really exciting going on.

Hope you all are well and looking forward to the spring!

PS...@LaDolceVita ... My daffs are up and I see buds, but no blooms yet. My next-door neighbors have been blooming for a week! Guess it all depends on the type of bulb and the amount of sun. I could use that sauna right about now. Yesterday my physical therapist added another pound to my ankle weights and I really felt the burn. LOL

Almost time!Almost time!

Gold Conversationalist

Hey @catwoman500

Even tho it’s “been a while since [you've] been here”.....what’s most important is that you could be here today (3/8)...& to know that you’re OK...just busy...(seems life has a way to always keep us busier than we want to sometimes...but we just have to plow thru it!)

And then there’s your stepson....what a guy.... to be so helpful! I’m sure the temp inconveniences of waiting to get the driveway finished... will be quickly forgotten ...once you have your new one!

Also, good to know you’re continuing your PT! Even better...to know that your “physical therapist added another pound to [your] ankle weights”.... rather than you simply “added another pound!” (...amiright?) 😄 Hahahaa

Anyway....I hope you’ve been doing WELL!

Also... wishing you a

🍀Happy St. Patrick’s Day! 🍀

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Take care!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @LaDolceVita 

Yes, it’s been great seeing Froze @Frozenoem active here!....also been helping me learn more about ‘puters thru PMs! (I need ALL the help I can get...LOL!!)🙃🙂

But also just as important...it’s nice to hear from you!!

And yes.... 🌸 spring 🌸 is most def on the way....

’Ol Man Winter can’t keep it away for ever!! hahaa

Also great to know that you (& hubby ...amiright?) are “Still doing the sauna thing every night.”  Health benefits are worth the time & effort... (...amiright? #2)😀

Also just as important #2....

I hope you’re feeling, ...& doing, WELL!

Thanks for all the kudos too!👍

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Trusted Social Butterfly

“Decide what you want. Believe you can have it. Believe you deserve it and believe it’s possible for you.”
— Jack Canfield

Honored Social Butterfly

Staying warm is easy 55* presently in my mountains, last night it rained, still have mucho snow.Sounds like a great time to clean out my ash bucket for woodstove, and clean the glass with some of that ash.😎.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

“Think the thought until you believe it, and once you believe it, it is.”
— Abraham Hicks

Honored Social Butterfly

Can’t be a Mainah or he never spli and stacked 8 cords of firewood to feed his old Fisher Grandpaw wood stove..Or his Glenwood 1886 cookstove or his Kent woodstove or his new and much improved Lopi Liberty.

Really 2 cords of firewood is easier to cut and split..

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Froze! @Frozenoem Can’t be a Mainah....he’s not like you & Lee @LeeS4949 ....

a Wicked Mainah! LOL!!a Wicked Mainah! LOL!!

....must be a Wicked Mainah! LOL!!....

Anyway,

Take care!  🏒 ☃️ ☮️ ~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Honored Social Butterfly

1000010223.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

“Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think.”
— Benjamin Disraeli

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Not much hunting around here this time of year. The big season,deer,ended mid December. Its mostly snowmobiling and ice fishing right now. Im usually inside by the fire lol

Trusted Social Butterfly

“Here’s the problem. Most people are thinking about what they don’t want, and they’re wondering why it shows up over and over again.”
— John Assaraf

Silver Conversationalist

luv mine too but my wood stove is my savior. just something about sitting in front of it watching the flames dance makes things right with my little world.

Trusted Social Butterfly

“Look forward to where you want to be and spend no time complaining about where you are.”
— Esther Hicks

Silver Conversationalist

I luv a wood fire,if its just a small fire to take off the early fall chill or a roaring blaze during one of Maine's Nor'easter s. I dont care. The feeling I get of security against Mother Natures anger is intensely comforting during a storm. Most find it romantic too lol

Conversationalist

I love a wood fire too. Especially camping. The warmth and smell is so peaceful.🌻

Rebecca
Trusted Social Butterfly

@LeeS4949   I agree with you on watching the fire, even in a crummy fireplace like mine, it feels good.  I say crummy because it does not heat well.

Sauna update!!  I have the thermometer and now no longer flying blind.  Trying to acclimate to higher temps right now.  No noticeable effects as yet, perhaps more relaxed after getting out.  Blood pressure may be a bit lower.  We get in every evening and sit for 20 minutes.  

It rained so hard last night that I thought foundation migh giveway and we would be pushed down the hill.  Looks like spring this morning though.  Hope everyone  is doing well.  All OK here including furry kids.

Gold Conversationalist

Hey @LaDolceVita

How ya been?

Lat time I said I’ll check back to see how the home sauna story is unfolding...after the thermometer arrived! Well...I see that now at least it’s ‘no longer flying blind’ LOL!

Also I’m glad you’re seeing health benefits slowly emerge...hopefully it will be even better for you over time!

Most importantly....I hope you’re feeling, & doing, WELL..including your ‘furry kids’! 😸 HA!

BTW: Thank you so much for ALL the kudos!!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (Sunday 2/18/24)

Lee @LeeS4949 , is Buster 🐈 keeping an "eye" on you?/lol

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Sadly Buster passed away awhile back and I miss him greatly. Im comforted by the memories I have of him along with Penny and Olivia, aka The Big Three. Thank you for remembering him, I know you realize how much he meant to me.. 🐈

Conversationalist

Hey Lee. So sorry about your furry buddies. Hope all is well 🌻

Rebecca
Silver Conversationalist

Thank you so very much. There is a hole in my heart where they used to be but I'm comforted knowing they are together at the Rainbow bridge waiting for me. It was awesome to hear from you,I hope you are doing great.. 🙂

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/9/24) @LeeS4949 , have you thought about getting another cat? After Jeremiah (dog) I just cannot. Takes too much out of me when they are gone. He was my Walking Buddy. Even with Mr. No Name, who you know about - I will be devastated when he no longer comes around or I find him dead.  👵

Silver Conversationalist

I got another guy  a while back. His name is Blackie.. An older guy ,not sure how old but the vet guesses about 15.. Cold,jet black, his story is a sad one.. He had been at the shelter for a very long time,passed over repeatedly for younger and prettier cats so I adopted him. He seems so happy now,the sad face he had at the shelter is gone and hes my best buddy. I guess we both needed something that connecting gave us. So glad !!!!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Sunday 2/18/24)

Lee @LeeS4949 , I thought he was YOUNGER than the "girls"  😭😭😭

When you had posted about your "loss" when Ms. Stretch @MsStretch had posted about hers - I thought it was Mom Penny.

Hope I have the NAMES correctly in regards to who is Mom.

I am SO SORRY - "rest in peace" my boy 💙🐈💙

Silver Conversationalist

No you had it right. Penny went first,Olivia a short time after her mom, and Buster a couple years or so later. Thank you SOOOO much for the kind words.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Saturday 2/17/24)

@LaDolceVita and @catwoman500 , have you guys watched "Sister Boniface Mysteries" - it popped up last week for me.

Lol, I NEVER know what station my PBS app will let me watch.

Anyway, IF I have the "channels" that are showing NOW - she will be on TONIGHT at 11pm ET  💃💃💃

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy ...I have seen the clips of that one and it looked really cute. Not sure what time it comes on my PBS station, but I think it's when I'm watching something else. Another one I should try to catch up on somewhere, sometime.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP