Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2023.

MORNING ROLL CALL 2023
CLOSED USE THE 2024 ADDITION!
Good morning to everyone on this 6th morning of December 2023.

Happy Birthday to all of our December Birthday members.
I turned 80 on December 1st

FB_IMG_1633301117620.jpg

Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit and above all who learn from their mistakes. Be a winner this December.”

1000009736.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK , happy anniversary!  🥳🥂 Looks like you all had tons of fun.

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , did Mr. No Name actually belong to the people who moved or was he a stray to begin with that they fed.  He looks like he has a clipped ear, so I'm thinking he was a TNR. I certainly hope you gave him his belly rubs. 🙂

Oh yeah, cats are finicky and you might be surprised how many do not like people food and that's a good thing.  When our feral mother and her babies first showed up, I just picked up cheapo DG brand cat food and they scarfed it down.  But I already had indoor cats who were Friskies aficionados, so it just was easier to feed them all the same stuff.  I created a monster.  The ferals decided Friskies was infinitely better than stinky generic brand paté, (shreds, preferred) and a new gen of picky eaters were created.  Seafood #1, sometimes beef, chicken and turkey - not so much. 🫤 So here I am, no more indoor kids, but still on Chewy's autoship list.  But I love 'em and they helped me through my recent loss of Delilah.

🐈🥰🐈

Honored Social Butterfly

Mary and I had a wonderful Labor day weekend at our time share in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Our 3 daughters each h.ad their families in their own suites. Our suit was homebase where we took turns fixing meals, watching the Wisconsin football game.

Some went swimming in the pools. 3 went golfing. Four played pickleball.

In the evening we played word games.

A great time was had by all despite the  90* temps.

Mary and I also celebrated our 57th wedding anniversary.

FB_IMG_1693880536519.jpg

FB_IMG_1693781277781.jpg

FB_IMG_1693539247070.jpg

Grand kids were enjoyed by everyone.

FB_IMG_1626371607091.jpg

Our buildlng

226134770.jpg

412634041.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK   Happy anniversary!  I visited Lake Geneva, during my  teenage years.😀

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (9/3/23)

Lol, so where are the kids 🐈🐈🐈  Ms. Stretch @MsStretch  ? 🤔

I am surprised Willie Mae is allowing this!

And he/she all into their water bowl - time to change. 🤮

Hmmm, are they "scared" of turtles? 🤔

Nicole 🙃

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , they ate and beat feet to someplace shady and cooler.  Up to the 90s today. 🥵

They were less than impressed with their guest's table manners 😾 since it just skooshed the food bowl out of its water saucer and used the saucer to perch its butt? shell? while it enjoyed its mid-afternoon scrumptious shredded seafood snack. 🦐🐢 (The bowls are in saucers with water to prevent ant invasions. 🐜🐜🐜)

Honored Social Butterfly

Guess who’s coming to dinner?

Just bopped outside and noticed the kids had a guest.

IMG_2251.jpeg

IMG_2252.jpeg

Silver Conversationalist

How cool is THAT!!!!!!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi porch folks.  My it has been busy here😁.   @SpringIsHereSoHappy  has a way of getting people out of their shell!!  @MsStretch So glad to hear you medical news.

Laptop is on the bum, still under warranty thankfully so it is going to Apple tomorrow.  The laptop is the means by which I usually visit the Porch!!  

@SpringIsHereSoHappy I will catch you up on all furry news when laptop returns 😉 @catwoman500   Love your sandwich story.  Will be back next week I hope, everyone be well.   Hot during theday here but cool at night.  So gladI moved here😊.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ...Oh, how funny! Love it! So glad you could get a good pic! 

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (8/30/23)

Froze , it use to be just the ocean fronts who had cause for concern.

When I left Florida with my daughter in 2015, all the years living there for about 40 years - had only 1 hurricane come my way.

At the time my daughter was a "minor" and I told my boss I was going to pick her up from school and see him when I see him.

Only issue we had was a tree limb falling on the side of my apartment.

Never lost electric and STAYED home like I was told to.

Flooding and down power lines. 😱

We are okay here in Melbourne and grateful. Last year I was still in Virginia, but my daughter had moved back in 2018.

She was okay with last year's 2 hurricanes in Melbourne.

Nicole 🏝

Honored Social Butterfly

Fire Dept. Is different they go into HazMat areas, and downed trees with power lines. Some of his turnout gear and foams from his days at airport May cause Parkinson’s, cancer, and his back also has been wiped by bldg collapses. 

Even in FL land of concrete covered surprises, swear he’s on PT (physical therapy) more than me.

And he’s only 44-50, really don’t want to do math at the moment.50-100 lbs of turnout gear, if he does chainsaw  duty for blazes in other states.Mutual aid even into other states.

Some days at my camp, we both looked at the water pump and hoses , and both called for a kid to run lines.🤣Easier to call a kid, than run them again, and Honda’s are light.

Haven’t run fire lines myself since last year, or run chainsaws since then. Have hit my limit on what used to be fun activity. Cutting trees, to firewood length16”, splitting, stacking , moving not anymore.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (8/30/23) 

So that is a NO for the moon Froze @Frozenoem ?/lol 

On the serious side, hope your kin in Florida are okay.

Nicole 🤗

Honored Social Butterfly

The only ones I worry about are in W. Palm Beach 2 are  in FD, one a Capt. and  his son a medic.The others are still in college or have normal 9-5’s for their kids.

Most have decided to leave at the first sign of hurricanes or surges. Except for FD nephew and his kid.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (8/30/23)

Ms. Stretch , hmmm, wild fire DRAMA in Virginia or hurricane DRAMA in Florida./lol 🤣😂 Maybe I need to move to the Moon! 👍 What you think Froze @Frozenoem ? 🙄

@LaDolceVita , tell me about Janita? 🐕 How old? Girl?

Lol, I got EVERTHING "crossed" (eyes, toes, fingers, legs) HOPING Ms. Stretch @MsStretch POSTS a picture of Willie Mae and her team.🙄

🏝  I am in Brevard County (Florida).

Results for Melbourne, FL ∙ Weather.

CURRENTLY 86°F.

Mostly sunny. Feels like 96°.

Today, August 30.

Scattered thunderstorms 50%.

Tropical Storm Warning.
TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT... * WIND - LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Below tropical storm force wind - Peak Wind Forecast: 20-30 mph with gusts to 40 mph - THREAT TO ...More info

Nicole 😎

Honored Social Butterfly

Between climate change, rising temperatures, my health, as long as my brain functions I’m fine. feel like 95 some days chronologically 71 years. If it’s warm I’m golden. Rain, humidity, snow or wind chills down to -50*- I may have a problem.

I’ve actually considered moving to other states or countries/provinces.With minimal elevations of 450-750’. Have friends and kin living across world, they know what my requirements are.

3 nephews in FL, Friends in AZ, Holland, BC , PEI, 

Emirates, Dominica,Ontario and MX.Just want my health back before decisions are made.At 65, I still was capable of hiking with 65 lb. Back pack and snowshoes to camps , might have been some cussing for 10 mile hikes IN, or Up mountains.

Appalachian Mountain Club hiker with hammock or tent.

Until my back is mended can’t even ride snowmobile or ATV or ? Boats no problem, as yet.Which might solve the elevation problem, I really believe in rising flood waters, yep even in Maine, with elevated temperatures of sea water.

That’s enough for now, need to work, eat and get used to new pills, then PT, etc, etc. Not quite ready for olde folks home, as yet.Or moving to flatlands, ever again.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (8/29/23)

Lol Froze  , I "think" ALL the Porchers are members of the CLUB! 

I will be 65 next month (September) and I FORGET stuff in my microwave ALL THE TIME.

Next, they will want my car keys when I FORGET my "destination and location" = GOLF CART TIME!!! 😱

Good hearing from YOU and thanks for the "chuckle".....

Nicole 🤗

Honored Social Butterfly

All of us here have all of our East coast and Floridian friends in our thoughts.
Hoping you all are in a safe place.

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (8/28/23)

Lol, join the CLUB OF OLD F.RTS!!! 🤣😂 You old, OLD MAN ....🙄

[Froze said: Hopefully the next time I grind the beans will remember to remove the SS Scoop. I was curious why the blender was grinding the beans🤬 for so long.]

GOOD to hear from you Froze 💃💃💃

Nicole 🤗

Honored Social Butterfly

Same age as Stretch I think,  won’t be old phart until December with 🍀 luck. Just as long as my brain keeps working on most cylinders.Would enjoy my body lasting at least for awhile more.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (8/26/23)

Happy Dance Time for me - SO GOOD hearing from you Froze!!! 💃💃💃

Hmmm, a "black" soul.... 😱

Nicole 🤗

Honored Social Butterfly

Might be back to normal, 36 hour work session thru the glory of Green Mountain magic beans.Hopefully the next time I grind the beans will remember to remove the SS Scoop.I was curious why the blender was grinding the beans🤬 for so long.

Getting used to new pills can be a hassleTuesday get all and approved, now that I’m mature 🤬, and a semi-delicate flower. Decalcification anyone , broke too many bones before the afib was fixed. Heart stopped beating collapsed off stoves, concrete floors, wood is better for crashing down upon.

IV’s and horse pills of calcium and magnesium coming on.

55* and foggy, feel bed calling as soon as I turn off all notifications on cellphones, work is worse than being a book but, I missed it.

@DaveMcK Have this tune from GOP debate circling in my mind, and may have a new topic circling in my mind , might appear whenever I become conscious again.Toss up btwn that and just another mass killing or wounding in AmeriKa or even Maine.

Buckle up your overcoats everyone tropical storms, hurricanes coming on both coasts, nuclear waste being dumped again from Fukushima, global warming even hitting Maine waters with algae blooms. Thought it was fun the last time I cleaned props on Polarcraft to prevent algae contamination on different lakes and drained at boat launches.Who screwed up on the ocean.

Dreadful is memory works better when deprived of sleep. Feel Billie Holliday and Lena Horne coming on to fall asleep to , versus Richard Diamond or Pirate Radio. Today is March on DC anniversary, with MLK

change is happening in more than one way, some good some not so great.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK , I drink my coffee both ways.   I make a pot of coffee every morning and have 2 big mugs when I get up.  I put any leftover coffee in a big pitcher which I store in my refrigerator which is available any time I need a delicious refreshing break. 😋🧉

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , Willie Mae and the crew are doing fine.  Yes, still taking for walks and pee breaks.  Need to take some new pictures.  I've been slacking. 

All went well with colonoscopy.  YAY!  Don't have to have my next one for 3 years. Doing my happy dance. 💃 

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch , @DaveMcK ...I agree with @MsStretch ...I like coffee both ways. If I have leftover coffee in my mug, I'll heat it in the microwave on a chilly day or plop an ice cube in it on a hot day.

@LaDolceVita ...aluminum, huh? It looks like wrought iron! WOW! Maybe something I have to look into!

So yesterday, I went out for lunch with a friend and her husband. I was all set to have a cheat day and ordered the bacon lover’s BLT. It was described as 5 pieces of bacon, etc. Well, they may have meant 5 pounds of bacon. Yikes. Needless to say, I had to deconstruct it. I had asked for really well-done bacon, but there was some that was chewy and gross, so I pulled that out and then ate half the sandwich. Will have the second half today. I deconstructed that half when I got home yesterday. Not sure if they were planning on handing out heart attacks or what! It was very good once I got it "remade."

Enjoy your weekend!

BLT.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to my coffee loving friends! Will you help me settle an argument about which is the best ways to drink your coffee.

I like hot in the morning and iced in the afternoon.

FB_IMG_1692971355891.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK 

Hot 365 days per year about the only change is blends - expresso, Cuban, and generally black to match my soul.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem ...HA! had a feeling a coffee question might pull you in! Hope you are doing OK!

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment) 8/22/23

@LaDolceVita , tell Janie I said hello 🐕🤗.

Nicole 🙃

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy I always give you kudos because you are perky and upbeat !!  Although  how anyone can stay upbeat in Florida in August is not really understood by me 😅.

@MsStretch  Yikes you have to go through that again😰.   Hopefully all will be well and you can relax for another year or more.   They had me take diagnostic mammograms for 2 years, made me nervous.  I have been released for regular screenings thankfully.  

It is hot hot hot.  @Frozenoem probably cooler in Maine.  

@catwoman500  Did I mention my fence is made of aluminum?  Much lighter than it looks.

@DaveMcK  Hope you and Mary are enjoying yourselves now that you are well.  I keep hearing the new version of Covid is very catching but mostly mild.  

I have been lucky, no upper respiratory infections of any kind in years.   

Honored Social Butterfly

Hey everyone.  Yeah, I know, I've been "dormant" myself for awhile. 

Welcome back, @SpringIsHereSoHappy .

@LaDolceVita , love the fence!

@Frozenoem , gawd, when things go south with insurance, it IS a pain to sort out.  Sometimes, it just boils down to a clerical error or the wrong code, but having to play go-between between the providers involved is a major PITA.  Hope you get it straightened out sooner, rather than later.  I'm dealing with my ChampVA pharmacy plan paying the health department for Hep A & B vaccines.  I know they're covered, but maybe health dept. is not technically a "pharmacy"?  Who knows? 🤷 Nobody seems to know.  Overdue for my 3rd B booster, and A booster due end of next month.  Whatever. 🙄 That's how I feel right now.

Another colonoscopy coming up on Thursday, so I'll be 'tied up' for the next couple of days. 😒 Where did the time go.  Already time for another one?! 😑

Honored Social Butterfly

I’m semi back as of 5 minutes ago, between PDR app, 13 days of calling and annoying my Dr, Pharmacy, and insurance companies, all 3 med’s will be paid for, will need to pay $1.49 out of pocket vs $5,000 per month. I think that’s a win.

Still cussing but, slowly returning to normal.😎

Guess It  does pay to read the formularies of covered med’s, and pester the heck out of all.

Now, it’s time to grind some beans and. Make a pot of happiness, green mountain .

Froze

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP