Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

ALERT- National Alarm Test Oct 4

On Oct. 4, 2023 - Wednesday - FEMA will activate its warning system. At around 2:20 pm - 2:30 pm est - within a 30 minutes range - over TV broadcast, radio and all cell phone networks.

This will be an Alarm Test.      'Not a Real Emergency' =  No action is needed

Click here AARP Article ----->   Emergency Alerts to Hit Smartphones October 4 (aarp.org)

Click here Official FEMA and FCC ---->  FEMA and FCC Plan Nationwide Emergency Alert Test for Oct. 4, 2023 | FEMA.gov

😎  Be Aware, Be Informed, Be Smart   🤔

Honored Social Butterfly

Done!

Screenshot_20231004-143504.png

Bronze Conversationalist

I've shut off all alerts & alarms on my mobile, except for the Presidential which can't be turned off. 

Also have all incoming TXT blocked.  I turned on my phone this is going to be interesting on what I'll see. 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hey @OneDayMatisyahu

I had briefly heard of this in the summer, but not heard of the actual date & time... so this is very important info for all!

Also, according to FEMA, The national test will consist of two portions, testing WEA and EAS capabilities. Both are scheduled to begin at approximately 2:20 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Oct. 4. The purpose of the tests are to ensure that the systems continue to be effective means of warning the public about emergencies, particularly those on the national level.

The WEA portion of the test will be directed to all consumer cell phones via a code sent to cell phones that will read: “THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.”

The EAS portion of the test will be sent to radios and televisions & is scheduled to last approximately one minute & will state: “This is a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System, This is a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System, This is only a test. No action is required by the public.”

Thanks as always, ....Take care! ~Allen

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP