- AARP Online Community
- Ideas, Tips & Answers
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Invest, Diversify, Integrate Your Financial Life
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Solo Travel
- Home & Family Forums
- Dogs, Cats and Pets
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Love, Sex & Dating
- Our Front Porch
- Random Thoughts and Conversations
- Singles Perspective Revisited
- Comunidad Hispana de AARP
- Politics & Society Forums
- Politics, Current Events
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Rewards for Good
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- TV Talk
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Writing & Books
- Good News
- Caregiving Forums
- Grief & Loss
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
Official Rules: Beauty At Any Age Sweepstakes
AARP The Magazine’s Beauty at Any Age Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility. To be eligible for the AARP The Magazine’s Beauty at Any Age (“Sweepstakes”), as of the start of the Contest Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) be at least forty-five (45) years old, and (iii) have Internet access and an AARP.org account. AARP.org accounts are available at no cost.
Officers, directors, and employees of AARP (“Sponsor”) and its partners, affiliated companies, and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- Timing. The Sweepstakes starts on December , 2015 at [12:01] AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and all entries must be received no later than March 1, 2016 at [11:59] PM ET (the“Period”). Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
- How to Submit. To submit an entry, you must do the following:
- During the Period, log in to your AARP account and visit http://www.aarp.org/beautysweeps Registering with AARP.org is available at no cost.
- Download the AARP publications app to access the AARP The Magazine’s special Beauty & Style digital Issue
- Post to the Beauty at Any Age discussion board: http://community.aarp.org/t5/Leisure-Lifestyle/Beauty-At-Any-Age-Sweepstakes/m-p/1651674#U1651674. Posts must meet the “Submission Requirements” described below.
Submission Requirements: Ineligible entries include posts that are unresponsive, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains racial slurs, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or is not within the spirit of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message submissions are permitted. Only one (1) entry per person. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. The odds of winning the depend on the number of eligible entries received and the skill of the entrants.
- Representations and Warranties. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants represent and warrant that their entries are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted entry and that they have the right to submit the entry and grant all required licenses and assignments. Each writer agrees not to submit any entry that infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations. Entrants also represent and warrant that they have not previously submitted their post as an entry in a contest, promotion, competition, or similar activity.
- Selection. Each entry will be reviewed by Sponsor before March 1, 2016. One (1) entry will be selected as the potential winner and will receive the grand prize. Ten (10) entries will be selected as potential second place winners. The potential winners will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s decision is final. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the category of “alignment with the overall theme” will be selected as the potential winner.
- Prize. One (1) grand prize consisting of a $1,000 spafinder.com gift certificate will be awarded to one (1) potential winner. ARV: $1,000. Ten (10) second place prizes consisting of a signed copy of The Woman’s Wakeup…How to Shake Up Your Looks, Life and Love after 50! by AARP beauty and style editor Lois Joy Johnson. ARV: $23.00
Sponsor reserves the right to seek an alternate potential prize winner in the event that the individual originally selected is disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable. No prize substitutions allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or exchanged by the winner. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. By accepting a prize, winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Winner Notification. Within twenty-four (24) hours following the selection, Sponsor will notify the selected winners by e-mail or telephone. The selected potential winners must respond within forty-eight (48) hours or an alternative potential winner will be selected.
- Release. Where permitted by law, the selected potential winner may be required to submit a publicity release and limitation of liability. Failure to complete such documents may also result in the selection of an alternate potential winner. Acceptance of the offer to be published signifies the entrant’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, and essay in connection with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- Intellectual Property Rights. Each entrant shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in each submitted entry (including moral rights) subject to these Official Rules. However, by entering the Sweepstakes, and to the extent allowed by law, each writer grants Sponsor and its affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, developers and third party marketing entities a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, adapt, publish, exploit and use the submitted entry throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation.
- General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- Limitations of Liability. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release Sponsor and its employees, agents, affiliated companies, and advertising agencies (“Released Entities”) from any and all liability arising from: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by writer, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the selected essay or in any -related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from writer’s participation in the Sweepstakes. Entrants further agree to release Released Entities from any and all liability arising from misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
- Governing Law. The is governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, with jurisdiction and venue in Washington, DC, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Washington, DC.
- Winner List. To receive notice of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by March 31, 2106, to: Beauty at Any Age Sweepstakes, AARP, 601 E Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20049.
- Sponsor. AARP, 601 E Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20049.
© 2015 AARP. All rights reserved.