Live Your Best Life With Rewards for Good. Start Earning Reward Points Now. Get Started Now!

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: What would make you go to the movies again?

Message 11 of 14

My granddaughters.  They wanted to see the Greatest Showman on Christmas Eve.  They’ll be 4 and 8 next year.  Disney, are you listening?

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 14

What would make you go to the movies again?

Nothing, I have a BenQ projector and surround sound, it's like a five x eight foot HD projection, Netflix and Amazon with a Nvida Shield. 

Movies, shows, serials, documentaries, education, ambient,  music, Utube, games and more.

No commercials, no cable news, no cable or satellite TV,  I cut the cord years ago.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 14

Popcorn.  I loved to go to the movies and eat popcorn.  I don't even bother looking at it now. Cooked in some kind of weird oil and enough salt to kill every snail in America.  If you ask for "butter" they put on a "buttery flavored oil".  I asked one attendant if it was real butter.  "I think so". So I asked if they put it in a refrigerator at night.  The look on his face was priceless. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

What would make you go to the movies again?

Message 14 of 14

This may not seem a question for here but think of all the industries which are phasing out because of modern technology.  Movies are an excellent example of an industry trying to compete with technological and social changes.  I could have used coal mining, or beach front property (climate change will swamp all those resorts) but let's talk movies. 

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors