Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What would make you go to the movies again?

Message 11 of 53

If the food was cheaper,  or every now and then get complimentary tickets and popcorn pack... 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 53

Ritz theater, philadelphia, passes

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 53

I love going but please keep the babies home and the cell phone off and I would be there 👍👍👍

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 53

I love going to the movies. I go every chance I get.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 53
I couldn't have said it better. Like u read my mind.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 53

More movies without all the computerized content. Just real actors! Also, lower prices, Fixed incomes make it difficult to spend so much to go to a movie, especially when you can get so many on TV now.

Susan
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 53

I am a little amazed at the number of responses regarding the quality of "popcorn" that makes them either go to, or miss going to, movie theaters? That may have held some truth 50 years ago, but today is a different story. Whats to like about popcorn that is salted within an inch of its (and my) life, and coated with some mystery grease that tastes more like used motor oil than butter? I pop a huge bowlful made with peanut or similar organic oil, season with fresh herbs and spices (jalepeno is one of my favorites), coat with some real melted butter (optional), and at pennies on the dollar for the theater variety.

I won't even try the popcorn offerings at sporting events for the same reason.If you think the stuff they are pumping into your popcorn box has any relationship to real butter....don't.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 53

I agree>>WAY TO $$$$EXPENSIVE$$$$$$$$$$>not worth the bother along with COST!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 53

I agree. We have free Roku TV and also free Kanopy , a movie service provided by our county library. Kanopy offers thousnads of movies, loaded directly to our Roku TV, all types of movies, some older, and some rather recent. We haven't been in a movie theater in more than 5 years; tickets are far too expensive, snacks are crazy expensive and we don't see any benefit to go to a movie theater. My prediction is that like the trend now happening with shopping malls, the movie theaters will slowly disappear, especially since many theaters are located in malls. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 53

Absolutely agree with you. We have Roku TV and love it. Also, we have free access to thousands of movies, some quite recent, from Kanopy, provided by our public library system. My wife and I haven't been in a movie theater for at leat the past 5 years and see no reason to change that. Movie theaters are expensive and in today's "uncivilized" society, movie theaters have the potential to be dangerous.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark