Contributor

beware AARP membership renewal notices

AARP sends mass mailings to "valued members" to renew.  Over the years, I've received many of these posted YEARS before my membership is actually due for renewal.  AARP is well aware of this and chooses not to correct this clearly deceptive and predatory practice. 

It will be interesting to see if AARP takes down this post.

Social Butterfly

Agreed, Michaelg! I have "lifetime" membership bought when I was eligible in 2004 (and have bought for Mom, then Sis and Bro when those two became eligible) so we have to patrol Mom's mail for these renewal notices.

I spoke to AARP when I received the first one for me and they attempted to blame it on data issues; I haven't wasted my time on the following notices (15+ years or so). At some point some shyster lawyer will launch a class-action suit, I'm sure...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos

. . . and to that the 'free gift' of an AC/DC power charger which lasted for 10 minutes before it stopped working can be added!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health