Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Wearing Me Out

Year after year AARP starts pestering me about renewing my account long before its renewal date.  I finally give in and renew it well in advance of the renewal date.  However, that doesn't seem to mean much.  Here it is, long after I renewed and I receive the magazine with a "Final Issue" notice unless I renew before membership expires.  From now on I'll wait until the last possible day before renewing because it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Community Concierge

Hi vd9066, AARP sends renewal notices to accounts that expire within 6 months and up to 3 months after expiration. Our hope is that our members are able to renew before experiencing any interruption in their membership, including receipt of AARP The Magazine or their AARP Bulletin. Plus, some members have their life insurance, car insurance and more linked to their AARP membership, and it could be detrimental for it to lapse. If you would like to edit your mailing preferences to limit the amount of renewals you receive please send me your complete mailing address in a private message. You can send that message here https://m.me/aarp. - Zainab M

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi @vd9066

As Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT said, Great topic, and it’s one that has been posted over and over on this site for YEARS.

AFA: renewal ISSUES...just take a look at a screenshot of how my page view is littered with renewal crap....on the side of your topic about renewal, & up on top...a ‘permanent’ reminder...

9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year (2).JPG

....yet mines not due until October,....prob not going to bother to waste any more money on membership!!

Anyway... Take care

~Allen

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP