Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP making identity theft easier

Years ago, I pointed this out to you. I think I will finally no longer renew. Most of us know to take off our address so our trash is not otherwise identifiable. But it is inconvenient to page through looking for those type-appearance boxes that have advertisements that are addressed to me by name. Does that advertisement pay you better? I wish the advertiser understood I would never use them. Please stop it. You are putting those of us with unique first names at risk. Or you lose one membership.

Community Concierge

@Lala79 You've come to the right place! I hear what you're saying and I was able to adjust the setting on your account to stop the personalized printing of your name within the Magazine. You can expect to see this change reflected in your future Magazines in about 4-6 weeks due to pre-printed content. I'm always here to help, please let me know if there's anything further I can do!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Community Concierge

@naxos You got it! I was able to process your request. Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for the change to show. You know where to find me if you need anything further! 😊

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@naxos You are most welcome!

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Hi, Lala! I agree with you to an extent; I abhorred those "personalized" ads; but they are what woke me up to why did I need print delivery anyway? So I went paper-free as far as AARP (and some other sites). I do feel I'm helping alleviate two problems just a teeny tiny bit.

I would never, however, give up my AARP membership; I learn, grow and find health through this membership that I could never find elsewhere.

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP