Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Issues with AARP UHC Supplemental Plan HealthSafe ID registration

Contributor

Issues with AARP UHC Supplemental Plan HealthSafe ID registration

I enrolled in the AARP UHC Supplemental plan 10/1/2022. I have never been able to access my account on line because the HealthSafe ID registration got corrupted and NO ONE can seem to resolve this! I have no access to my portal and benefits. I have had several tickets opened up with UHC Tech Support with NO resolution to date, 4 months later. How/who can escalate this issue?

Contributor

I suggest that you try to login to the HealthSafe ID website. https://www.healthsafe-id.com/ 

If you can successfully login on that site, then the issue would be with UHC. 

If you can not login on the HealthSafe ID website, then I would think the login script would give you a chance to correct your information, or direct you the support desk that can help. It is my understanding that HealthSafe ID might be connected to the medicare.gov site as well. So I would suggest you keep track of what ever you enter while creating or correcting your information.

When I create an account, I open a tab in the browser that has my inbox for the email I'm going to use open, and then in another tab start the sign-up process. I also have a notebook (either physical or digital) open and write down responses as I fill in the fields, including security questions. Yes, it takes time, but my philosophy in the tech world, is to not need tech support, if possible. Some problems are on their side and a hundred reboots or cashe clearing won't help. 

While you are at your computer, also make sure you can get into the SSA and medicare accounts directly, check their setup (name, password, contact, etc.). 

All a suggestion that I hope helps solve the issue. 

It does not work ! 

0 Kudos

The entire problem is with uniited Healtcare and the Healthcare Id site.

If they are both with AI which I have encountered then you know that everything is NOT above board.   You are wrong.  And for us who want to visit our doctors they seem to think they can tell us who to go to and just because we live in one state we may work in another and we may have a doctor in another.  Who the hell do they think they are.  They ARE NOT THE BOSS.  THE SOONER THEY REALIZE THAT THEY WILL BE BETTER OFF !!!!!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The healthsafe ID web site is the problem. My issue is that 5 years ago I had a healthsafe ID from another insurance plan, and login was inactivated by UHC. Trying to create a new login is not possible. There is a massive problem, per the drug plan โ€œadvocateโ€.

The only recourse is to file a complaint with CMS.

Periodic Contributor

I have the same problem. I am beyond angry

The class action suit states that many people are having problems because they are using AI    What a stupid thing to do when many people depend on their insurance to go to their doctors.  Since Covid people in the insurance companies have become stupid.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Has anyone else had this experience with UHC? I cannot get past the HealthSafe ID logon ever. Tech support has been saying my registration is incomplete but all of my information is correct. Apparently when you first enroll now an automatic email is sent to the member instructing you to log in and create your HealthSafe ID. Problem is that email is sent prior to all of the enrollment information being processed and approved and the registration somehow then gets incomplete/corrupted.  Does anyone know if there is another way to access the AARP UHC Supplemental plan information without using this access point? 

Contributor

I was having this issue until I realized that my husband and I share an AARP account. He has a Medicare Supplement plan thru UHC and mine was through a different company. I was applying for a plan through UHC and experienced the same difficulty until a lightbulb went off and I entered my husband's information. Viola! My application for insurance was there.  Reminds me of the 1970s when I couldn't get a credit card on my own๐Ÿ™„

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP