From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 51 of 95

@jiml149310 wrote:

Women know that about men, so some women hide their true nature often from a man they might be interested in.:smileyindifferent.

@jiml149310 - I'm not sure what post that's in response to, but it works both ways! Plenty of men add to their height & subtract from their weight, when they describe themselves to women. I remember years ago, a guy telling me he was very involved with politics (which I am) .. then it turned out to just mean that he read political articles in the newspaper!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 95

Women know that about men, so some women hide their true nature often from a man they might be interested in.:smileyindifferent.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 95

AMEN!!! For the record, asking a man out on a date is not pushy and aggressive. I find it really amusing that some people consider when a man asks a woman out it's ok but, when a woman asks a man out it's aggressive and pushy. Seriously??? It's double standards like that one that make dating so difficult for women.

Fortunately, there are still men out there that find confident and secure women appealing and desirable.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 95

@jean2much - I don't think women who want a good relationship are interested in pushy & aggressive men either!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 95
I don't care what century we are in, Men don't like pushy and aggressive women.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 95

Hello Ladies!

I need to find someone fast and soon. Christmas is coming up and I need someone from the naughty list to show me a good time Smiley Wink

Im looking for that special someone cause I have a tumor in my left pinky.

I have 1,500 points already and if you want some, just put it on your wish list.

I'll see yall ho ho ho's in my workshop Smiley Wink

-Santa Clause-Kolson

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 95

Reading your response about the shuttle driver had me remembering an Uber driver I met.  During our ride (about 30min) we had an incredible conversation that I really wanted to continue.  Long story short, I asked him out and while there were a couple of reasons why we weren't compatible, he was a really great date and I had a lot of fun.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 95

Now see, if that was me, I would have said something like, "so are you dating anyone" and if he wasn't, I would have asked him out.  I grew up with a similar adage "guys ask out girls, not the other way around".  LOL  It's the 21st century and if I waited for some reluctant guy to ask me out, I would have a whole lot fewer dates.  Just saying!!!!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 95

I understand your quandry completely.  I've been in similar situations and have not had the guts to say anything despite feeling that there is a mutual connection.  I feel like men from my generation are unlikely to want a woman to make the advance but at the same time they don't seem like they want to either.  Probably as hard for a man to risk rejection as it is a woman.  No advice I'm afraid - just commiserating with you.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 95

It is sad and I do feel sorry for the good guys who can never get a foot in the door because so many losers are clogging the path. I met a really nice guy yesterday who was the porter driving me from the dealership to my office and back. Nice guy - and btw I don’t care what your ‘profession’ is - as soon as I got in the car he started talking about his deaf daughter and we just clicked - I started talking about mine and before you knew it we were laughing like old friends. So now I’m the one who’s afraid - I want to get to know more about him - but “girls don’t chase boys”.  So now what? Just leave a great chance encounter on the table? Sadly, patience is not really my forte’. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views