Recognized Social Butterfly

MORE ALOHA SPIRIT

More Aloha Spirit

Yesterday, sporting my most durable mask, I walked to Longs Drugs in Waikiki (zigzagging all the way to avoid close contact with anyone, masked or otherwise). At one point, I came across two equally masked young ladies who were amiably chatting. Suddenly, it got very windy. Although my shaloha-embroidered cap (shalom plus aloha) stayed on tight, one of the young ladies wasn’t that fortunate. Her lightweight broad-brimmed hat streaked off her head. Before it landed on the main road, I halfheartedly tried to snag it; but it flew far out of my reach. The young woman must have adored her hat: she frantically chased it down just before some cars sped by.

Despite my lame attempt to catch the hat in mid-air, the other woman warmly thanked me for my effort. Such a sweet gesture! I didn’t wait for any more possible kudos from her no longer distraught friend. I was already delayed. I buoyantly resumed my walk, pleased that I once again met a stranger who embodied the spirit of aloha.

schlomo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Virtual Community Center 

Offering a wide variety of FREE interactive, online events and classes designed for learning, self-improvement, and fun. Learn More

AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health

Let Us Work for You

AARP is your trusted friend and fierce defender. Membership unlocks powerful benefits to help you in your life. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership