Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Recognized Social Butterfly

LOVELINESS EVERYWHERE I GAZE

Loveliness Everywhere I Gaze

Despite the drought that has recently enveloped Hawaii, the foliage in Waikiki is still magnificently displayed. The area surrounding my Leisure Heritage condo is as lush as a botanical garden. Various mimosa trees have mammoth clusters of flowers, some of them stark red, or brilliant orange; or they are studded with a conglomeration of pastel colors, whether gauzy pink or light yellow.

Because I fell on uneven ground the other day, I have decided to walk on the level cement in the parking lot at my condo, and especially since I found out that some tree roots have unsafely elevated parts of the pavement on my regular route.  I figured that Iโ€™d miss lots of the gorgeous scenery that I have enjoyed for so long, but I have to protect myself. As I circled the parking lot a few times, I peered across the street; and for the first time, I noticed a huge monkeypod tree with thin, long, maroon, spindly, prickly (almost surrealistic) protrusions ornamenting the upper branches. What a treat! I made sure that once I got to that spot in the parking lot, I would again marvel at the eerie view provided by that canopied tree.

No matter where I look in my neighborhood, the profusion of nature elevates my spirits.

In classical music, you have the three Bโ€™s: Bach, Beethoven, and Brahms. Near my condo, the three Bโ€™s are buds, blooms, and blossoms.

schlomo
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP