Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Recognized Social Butterfly

A TOXIC BREW

A Toxic Brew in Waikiki

Normally it is very pleasant at the Elks Club, except for a few noisy celebrants. But yesterday afternoon was quite disturbing. A loud-mouthed, soused, burly guy at the bar repeatedly spouted obscenities as he caroused with some buddies. That was obnoxious enough. What was written on his T-shirt, however, was even more disgusting: โ€œI Shaved my Junk for This?โ€™โ€™

I was appalled. After a while, I told the front desk about the manโ€™s abusive language and the scatological caption on his shirt. The manager agreed with me that the manโ€™s cursing and the blatant reference to his genitals were inappropriate, but no one rebuked him. I certainly didnโ€™t have the authority to do so, tempted as I was to confront him about his reprehensible behavior.

After a few minutes, the man left on his own. Good riddance! He reminded me of many of the ruffians who used to bully me with impunity when I was in grammar school. I hope that I never see him again drinking and bad-mouthing at the bar. If I do, Iโ€™d like to sidle up to him and make sure that he saw my T-shirt with the following inscription: โ€œBeware of the Junkyard Dog at the Bar.โ€™โ€™

schlomo
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP