Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

'Tis the Season to Curb Stress: Tip #3 Moderation

Community Manager
Community Manager

'Tis the Season to Curb Stress: Tip #3 Moderation

rsz_2thanksgiving_dinner.jpgStress isn't the only thing that becomes more abundant during the holidays. Extra food and lots of booze are everywhere too, which means we are more likely to eat and drink mindlessly than mindfully.

Incorporating fresh, seasonal produce into your holiday meals is one way to keep yourself nutritionally satisfied. Plus, you don't have to feel too bad about overeating vegetables! There are lots of healthy and nutritionally dense ingredients and dishes that can bring you comfort and joy.

Practicing mindful alcohol consumption can be challenging, especially when we are in a celebratory mood. Limiting your alcohol intake is associated with good health. To be mindful, focus on the when, where, why, how much and how quickly you drink. Notice how each drink affects your mood, body, behavior and thoughts. Pace yourself, try having one drink per hour, and have a glass of water in between each drink.

Check out the other tips and kick that holiday stress to the curb!

For additional brain health tips and tools, visit Staying Sharp now.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

You want to eat a lot, then you have to go for a walk and I mean around the block 5 times or try to beat your grandkids at soccer, skating,basketball, volleyball or just plain running.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I tried the suggestion of keeping track of when, where, and why and how much and quickly I drink but after a while it all becomes a blur and I loose track!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Eat but don’t overindulge, drink but not excessively and remember to take it easy on the bad stuff.

I can live with that.

“Everything in moderation including, moderation” goes the old saw.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP