Community Manager
Community Manager

Pattern Match by Staying Sharp

You might be wondering why the circle is highlighting tiles throughout the game. The circle indicates the tile you have to match against; once you match all of the patterns on a tile, you get to pick two new patterns (tiles). Try Pattern Match today!

Contributor

OK - not an expert at this game by any means, but what I have noticed about scoring is that it seems to value *speed* as much as accuracy, although you do get a "chain" bonus as well - when you make multiple correct picks in a row, the bonus stacks up.

When a tile is "highlighted" you will want to look at that tile specifically and try to match *one* feature of that tile in the remaining tiles.  So, try to match the main flower pattern, or the background or (on the later levels) the small center "button" tile.

Hope that helps some of the other players! 🙂

Contributor

do you get more points when you use the highlighted tiles?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Any tips on how the scoring works? Do you get more points for matching multiple patterns within each design? Or is speed more important? No matter what "theory" I use, I can't seem to break through my highest scores. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Seriously wish this was an App for my iPhone/iPad... LOL it's *very* addictive (in a good way! LOL)

0 Kudos
Contributor

This game is awesome!!! 😁

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're so glad you like it, @JeeS899898!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Could you answer not2senileyet question about scoring tips?  What is a multimatch, for example?  Is it several matches sequentially, or matching more than one pattern in a tile?  And how many points do you get for one multimatch???

Contributor

Still trying to figure out how to get multimatch points. Perhaps if no answer several of us together can figure it out.  I don't think it is for sequential matches.  I'm guessing it is when you match two tiles which have two or more identical features - background and one layer of design, a center 'jewel' and a design, etc.  I cannot play a level and exactly tie the multimatch points to what I play, but that seems the trend to me.  And it appears to give you 500 points per multimatch.  Anyone else have ideas on this?

0 Kudos
Contributor

My strategy was to try to get exact matches off the board first, however that doesn't seem to give me any higher scores than just matching randomly as fast as I can. We're missing something here but I can't figure out what it is.  My highest score was 150,770 one time, and I haven't been able to get close to that since. I don't know what I did right that one time, but obviously I haven't duplicated it since lol.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health