Community Manager
Community Manager

Look for caregivers guidance

8715_39_preview.jpg

When you become a caregiver, you suddenly have a million questions. How are you supposed to take care of another adult? What should he be eating? Can she still drive? Get some answers.

Check into local resources for caregivers. Some organizations -- like the Red Cross, the National Family Caregivers Association, or the local Area Agency on Aging -- may offer classes in caregiving that could be invaluable.

You could also find a geriatric caseworker or geriatric care manager who can help identify your problems and resolve them.

Contributor

Hello! I am Deidre Edwards, RN, Author, Speaker, and Retired National Board Certified Teacher/Career and Technical Education - Health Sciences.

Once upon a time, pre-COVID-19, I hosted in-person Caregiver Workshops. Those may resume in the future; but for now, I am focusing on releasing online classes.

During Caregiver Emotions presentations, participants appreciate learning they are not alone in their experiences, and there are approaches and techniques that would assist them on their emotional and physical journeys as caregivers.

My first online offering, therefore, is to support all caregivers with a FREE course Exploring Caregiver Emotions. Caregivers will learn that their confusing emotions do not make them bad people, but that their emotions are valid and normal. Daily coping skills and techniques are shared that can assist caregivers in restoring an inner balance.

This course is a complement to my book, Toolkit for Caregivers which assists readers through the skills, tips, and wisdom needed to become more confident as a caregiver to a loved one. 

My goal is to provide a helping hand to overwhelmed caregivers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Celebrate the powerful connection between music and health at an AARP virtual concert featuring Clint Black on October 28 at 8 p.m. EST. EDT. Register Here.

AARP Concert Series ft. Clint Black

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health