Getting your loved ones out of a car safely

Caregiving Tips

Guidance on how to properly care for your loved ones as they navigate through the aging process

AARP Expert

Getting your loved ones out of a car safely

car door for disabled.jpg

Folks, I got one of these long ago and this little gizmo is really handy for getting out of a car seat. As you can see there's a wide range of prices. Pay as much or little as you want to, but get one. Helps even the able bodied get up out of a passenger or driver's seat. I used it when i had abdominal surgery. Give it a try

Jane,

who still drives a car while everyone else in my country town has a pickup truck...

Super Contributor

Funny thing.  I ride buses.  When I get off, it's a step down.  To get out of a car, it's a step up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Put on your boogie shoes for the Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever: A Disco Dance with AARP! Shake your groove thing to live performances featuring Sister Sledge and Indigo Girls on June 26, 2021 at 11 a.m. ET. Register Here AARP Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever

Members Can Earn Cash Back

Earn 3% cash back rewards at gas stations and drug stores with AARP Membership. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Join Us For a Concert!

Celebrate Black Music Month and learn more about the powerful connections between music and health during an AARP virtual performance featuring R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn on June 28, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. EST. Register Here.

AARP Concert Series