5 steps to disinfecting surfaces after a caregiving visit
1. Pre-clean surfaces with soap and water prior to disinfecting to remove excess dirt or grime.
2. Use the disinfecting spray or wipe as directed.
3. After disinfecting, let the surface air dry, making sure it stays wet for as long as recommended on the product label. This is critical in ensuring that the proper germ or virus kill takes place as intended.
4. If disinfecting food contact surfaces or toys, rinse with water after they air dry.
5. If using a disinfectant wipe, throw out after using. Do not flush any non-flushable products.