Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Travel

My dad retired a year ago and it has been a very interesting process of discovery. He travels a lot more and he even got a bike, which takes him to many adventures with his friends, (if you saw him, with his black biker vest 🤭). And i have to tell you, he manages to travel light, even if he goes out of the country, but sometimes i worry for him, thinking it would be almost impossible for me to go on a 4 day trip to galapagos with just a backpack!

So what do you usually do? Pack light and be free, or carry more weight but feeling more prepared? 🤔

Silver Conversationalist

My wife and I used to take 2 or 3 large check-in items and the max allowable carry-on bags.  We traveled over much of the world with all this baggage.  Sometimes the check-in bags would get lost.  After a couple decades, we cut waay back and would only take carry-on bags.  It's much  easier - particularly  going up and down long steep stairs.   Socks and underwear don't require much space.

Trusted Contributor

Same for us and what a difference in weight to lug around 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, totally! It is much easier at any age to take less baggage, but it´s definitely about practicing until you get the hang of it.  thanks for your answer!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Good to know lots are traveling and how true that we pack less. I didn't realize it until a few years ago. It makes so much more sense. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP