Super Contributor

My name is Roberta

Greetings. I was a member of AARP for a long time, but was busy working as a teacher. I retired in June, 2020, just in time for COVID. I live alone with 4 cats and would love to have some penpals. My interests are art, gardening, pottery, painting, reading, board games, Words With Friends, and, of course, cats. Pre-COVID, I enjoyed going to art openings, museums, movies, and festivals. So, everyone, wear your masks and reply if you would like to be my penpal.

Regular Contributor

Hi, 

I am not sure if I can handle a dog and a cat.

I am moving from an apartment to a house.  I will have space for both. 

I like cats, i had two siameses years ago.

Here in the apartment I would need to pay extra.

My daughter has 3 cats and one dog a Chocolate Labrador. 

Keep in touch.

My name is Beatriz but everybody had problems calling my name, I shortened to Bea 🙂

You can call me any Beatriz or Bea.

Beatriz Cortes
Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Roberta!

Nice to meet you.  I live with three cats...two are mostly outdoor and my new kitten is totally indoor.

Sounds like you have a lot of the same interests I do.  My main interest is art, since I am semi-retired and owner of an art studio/art gallery.  I love gardening, reading, puzzles, and anything that challenges my brain.

I'd be happy to chat with you online.

-- Rosemary

Super Contributor

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks for replying so soon. It seems we would have a lot to chat about. Do we chat on this AARP website? I couldn't find a chatroom here.

Regular Contributor

Hi Roberta,

I am a retired teacher too.  I would like to be one of your penpals, however I hope that you live around or close and we can plan activities. 

I live in Orlando, FL.

I don't have pets, but, I will soon.

Bea

Beatriz Cortes
Super Contributor

Hi Bea,

I love your name. I forgot to say that I live in Tucson, Arizona. I hope we can chat anyway. I'm interested in knowing what kind of pet you'll be getting. I'm a total expert on cats. I even have a 17-yr-old cat who's had diabetes for the past 3 years. She's such a sweetheart even though I have to stick needles in her 4 times/day. She sleeps next to my pillow.

Roberta😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health