Bronze Conversationalist

Am I essential?

I am sitting at home, essentially we get to choose our prison for the next month or months. After pondering things I have realized my life work is not essential. I am non-essential. My life will wither away into an abyss of nothingness.

I finally realize how insignificant I am.

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AristotleOfGreece, these times are tough for sure. I hear you and wanted to let you know that a lot of people feel the same way you do. You aren't alone and these feelings are completely normal. Each day brings a new wave of emotions. It's definitely not easy. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time, and I'm realizing that some days are better than others. The online community is here for you. Hope you're staying safe and healthy.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health