Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Sweating is not a solution for weight loss.

Regular Contributor

Sweating is not a solution for weight loss.

fwarren
Honored Social Butterfly

My functional medicine doctor got a far infrared sauna for her office recently, and from what she's said & I've read, they're very good for both blood & lymph circulation, and sweating is good for detox. Her guidelines for using the sauna insist on good hydration before, during & after each session, and recommend chlorella to aid with detox. I've been going for hour-long sessions for about a month, and over time you begin to sweat faster, and it feels great.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Honored Social Butterfly

Sweating because of the suit and not the lights, eh, @fwarren1? 🙂

Good explanation of the function of sweat and the need to remain hydrated while working out. Of course, sweating while working out is a good thing, but it is the working out that provides weight loss benefits. I always workout to sweat, but the point of that is that sweat helps rid the body of impurities. 

Keep busting those weight loss myths and cons!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Contributor

OK
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP