Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Food Banks

Do you use a local food bank/food share to supplement your diet ? A friend tells me she went to one in her neighborhood & was disappointed. It didn't cost much & she did get a fair share for the money, but one package of meat had a date a year old. Other foods were somewhat outdated, but  just a few days or weeks. What is your take on this ? Anybody have a similar experience ? Are these food banks such a good thing after all ?

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Replies
Contributor

There's an organization in the county that I live that collects food from various restaurants and stores and distributes them to the various places that hold weekly or monthly food banks. I've recently volunteered there to help sort the produce and some of the prepared foods [getting rid of food past their dates or things that are too beat up. And the place I live [a housing cooperative] has a monthly food bank where we can get some food. What we get varies somewhat from month to month, depending on what is donated to this organization that collects the food and what is in season.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP