Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“‹ Easter & Grief!

โžก๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again. โฌ…๏ธ

Read comments and/or comment.

I am so glad OUR Kathy @BeatleloverKT is out of town for Easter and staying busy! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Anyone else doing the same thing? ๐Ÿค”

Me, same old routine as always! ๐Ÿ™„

Any COPING TIPS to share with us for Easter? ๐Ÿค”

Thanks,

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค— (Grief & Loss Forum)

Trusted Social Butterfly

This month of April brought a double "whammy" as my husbands' BD wa last Tuesday and then there's Easter..I am doing my best to look at the meaning of Easter which is rebirth. New beginnings not forgetting the past but looking ahead to make the time meaningful to me and our adult children ..new memories to be made..I have been doing Spring cleaning and some decorating with Spring things such as new kitchen valances and of course flowers to be planted...It takes my mind off of things that I have no control over..Been reading light hearted books and catching up on a knitting project...A simple Easter meal will be prepared and enjoyed with the company of my daughters and perhaps my grandaughter and partner if they visit..Wishing all a peaceful day to be spent how ever you choose..It's a bitter sweet time tears of sadness and tears of joy......

Bronze Conversationalist

It is good of you to try and make the day nice for your adult children. And of course yourself. I'm sure they appreciate your efforts. I'm also doing a bit of redecorating etc to put the focus on new things going forward. When they visit they see a new space in place of where their dad sat, sick and dying. They will remember, but it's more like looking beyond the window than simply through it. I also wish you and everyone on the site a lovely Easter. Whether people celebrate or not, spring is a hopeful time of year.

@jonibee wrote:

This month of April brought a double "whammy" as my husbands' BD wa last Tuesday and then there's Easter..I am doing my best to look at the meaning of Easter which is rebirth. New beginnings not forgetting the past but looking ahead to make the time meaningful to me and our adult children ..new memories to be made..I have been doing Spring cleaning and some decorating with Spring things such as new kitchen valances and of course flowers to be planted...It takes my mind off of things that I have no control over..Been reading light hearted books and catching up on a knitting project...A simple Easter meal will be prepared and enjoyed with the company of my daughters and perhaps my grandaughter and partner if they visit..Wishing all a peaceful day to be spent how ever you choose..It's a bitter sweet time tears of sadness and tears of joy......

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP