Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Social Butterfly

1-Oct Las Vegas

I know AARP Admin may not want this posted but this is the fourth anniversary of the 1-Oct massacre in Las Vegas and as a mother of survivors I want to discus...

My two youngest daughters and their step-sis were there (adult women). They were in a VIP Tent (thankfully) and only step-sis was physically injured (minor). The security peeps got them under the stage and away from the madman.

As the 4th anniversary of this madness returns, I remember falling to my knees when the news flashed on tv then the warmth I felt when my son-in-law texted us their dad was picking them up safe.

My IMMEDIATE and CONTINUING reaction was/is how is it okay to own these arms? You hunt game with repeating action guns? What is left to eat if you annulate the animal with these arms? I seriously want to know as that is the argument for having these arms...

Thank you for explaining.

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Bronze Conversationalist

@WebWiseWoman I'm so glad that your family came through that safely. If Sandy Hook didn't teach us all a lesson then nothing ever will! 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

And now we have it again, even sadder... We need to discuss this here as we have LEO experienced people with knowledge and we can lobby as a strong group!

One of the most disturbing things about the Uvalde tragedy for me is the NRA convention (Texas NRA summit after Uvalde shooting echoes Columbine aftermath ).

We, as the true senior states-persons, need to discuss, devise new strategies, and move our country forward so this cannot and does not happen again, EVER!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Regular Social Butterfly

TY for this... tragically we were acquaintances with #Columbine survivors; so the tragedy continues which is why we ask, again, and again, and again, HOW IS IT OKAY FOR CIVILIANS TO OWN WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION? 

• #SandyHook should have never been...
  • #1-Oct should have never been...
  • #Pulse should have never been...
  • #VirginiaTech should have never been...
  • #SutherlandSprings should have never been...

The NRA opposes control on weaponry, but guarantee as soon as one of their sons or daughters are murdered by one with an automatic "hunting" weapon, that will change...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP