Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

game menu page drop-downs and pop-ups

Is anyone else having problems with constant drop down menu or pop-up interference when playing games on this site?  THEY ARE SO ANNOYING!!!

Contributor

Too ironic that a site for "seniors" is so senior unfriendly with the menu issue that still exists, at least for me.  Maybe it was optimized for use on smart phones, but what about people using laptops? Or is this another forced upon us type of situation? I've tried minimizing everything and still have the same problem everyone mentioned.

Community Concierge

@MaryA47281 Hi Mary, we introduced our new website header (the red bar at the top of the screen) to provide a consistent user interface with the rest of the http://AARP.org website. The new website header includes the new AARP mega menu on desktop. This allows you to navigate to other areas of interest on the AARP website. The mega menu displays when you hover your mouse over the navigational links (e.g., Health, Money, Work & Jobs, etc.). To close the mega menu, please look in the top right corner of the menu and next to Close Menu, click the X. You can also move your cursor outside the menu to collapse it.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos

...there is no close menu option.  and moving the cursor outside does not collapse  anything.. It is incredibly annoying and given that I pay for my membership, it sucks that games are not easily available to use.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

I understand your frustration and I appreciate your feedback. You can learn more here: https://aarp.info/3SS66UG

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPConsumerCare   This is so not an improvement for game playing.  There is so much scrolling required that it interferes with playing the games to the point of frustration.   So many windows opened unintentionally.  And the games menu is obscured by all this mess at the top.  Don't know who made that decision but it is a very bad one for those of us who enjoy the games.

Community Concierge

@HokiePoq I understand and we appreciate your feedback. You do not need to scroll to close the Mega Menu. To close the mega menu, please look in the top right corner of the menu and next to Close Menu, click the X. You can also move your cursor outside the menu to collapse it.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPConsumerCare   I will try that.  The scrolling I'm talking about, though, is what is necessary every time a new game screen comes up.  I have to pull it down to be able to see the entire game board.   

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@HokiePoq I understand, scrolling down is necessary for the entire game to show on the screen.  - Janelle M.

Gold Conversationalist

Yes!!  Obscures the game board and often opens a banner you don't want open.  I can only think the motivation for this is to get clicks on ads which the advertisers pay for even if they are unintentional.  BOO!

Gold Conversationalist

And today the whole games site has gone bonkers.  No matter which way I try to get in, it pops to an AARP page unrelated to games.   Tried first through "earn" and then on solitaire and others I play.   Just a full page annyoying popup and no games.

Community Concierge

We're aware of the issue on our website that is affecting the games, @HokiePoq. I apologize for the inconvenience, our team is working to correct it. Please try again later today. - Diana G.

Contributor

Its still happening!!!!  I see that you responded that you were trying to fix it a month ago but its still not fixed and very annoying.  I can close the ads but the red bar/menu constantly drops down when I'm trying to see the whole game in order to play.  Please fix this!!!! Thanks

Community Concierge

@df3059, just to be sure, are you closing the mega menu by clicking the 'X' in the top right-hand side? - Diana G.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP